City of Grande Prairie
, in partnership with the Alberta Culture and Tourism Board Development Program (BDP), are proud to host a community session of "Introduction to Board Governance: Understanding Your Roles and Responsibilities" on Saturday, March 7 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at Centre 2000 in the Al Robertson Boardroom.
The workshop is designed for board members of registered non-profit societies wanting to learn more about their role, enhance their skills, and work more effectively.
This workshop is for you if:
• You’re a new board member wanting to learn more about your role.
• You’re an experienced board member wishing to enhance your skills and work more effectively as a board team member.
This workshop covers topics that concern all boards of incorporated non-profit societies including:
• Understanding one’s legal landscape and legal responsibilities
• Concepts of governance and understanding the roles and responsibilities of board members
• Liability and risk management and the link to policy development
• An overview of organizational planning and financial responsibilities
• Building a strong team and effective relationships
• Effective meetings and making the most of committees
• Creating an effective structure to ensure work gets done
Registration is $25 and this includes lunch. Please call 780-532-5790 to sign up. Due to limited space, we request no more than two board members from one organization register.