21 Valhalla Drive
Slayton, MN 56172
Have a job posting within
Want to post it on the
This is FREE for Chamber Members!
Log in to your ChamberMaster account
and post now!
Improve our community by continuing to shop local and make Marshall its' best!
'Get Ready to Grow'
| CURRENT/UPCOMING EVENTS |
Women's Connect Luncheon
When: Thursday, January 10th (12-1 PM)
Where: Ramada Inn (1500 E College Dr)
Fay Prairie, Prairie Perspectives
"Crush your Goals to Create your Life"
-Are you now where you'd thought you'd be five years later? - Are you in the shape you wanted to be? - Do you have the lifestyle you expected? - Do you have the loving relationships you intended to have by this point in your life?
If not, it's time to choose to not let the next five years be a continuum of the last. Life is not a dress rehearsal; this is the real thing and you only get one shot at it. Instead of, "One year I will," choose to make 2019 the year you say, "I DID." Join Fay Prairie, certified counselor, personal life coach and speaker to learn how you can crush your meaningful goals in 2019.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, January 8th.
Young Professionals Luncheon
When: Tuesday, January 15th (12-1 PM)
El Rancho (
1419 East College Drive)
There are now nearly 80 Young Professionals so let's get to know each other a little better.
This month, we are going to have a networking activity to help grow your visibility. Be sure to bring your business cards and anything else that promotes your company.
| BUSINESS NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS |
New Owner, Mary Veldhuisen
300 West College Drive
New location at 430 West Main Street
2019 Chamber Coupon Books Coming in March!
It's time for the
Chamber Coupon Book!
Every year these books grow, more are sold and more groups make money for their organizations by helping us to sell them. It is also the only real fundraiser that we do to help us bring in more dollars to spend promoting Marshall. But most of all, it is the best way possible to promote shopping local
. The coupon book will once again sell for just $25 and will have over $2400 of savings!
The book is available for
Chamber Member Businesses Coupons only
and is FREE to be in the book
! E-mail me today to reserve your spot!
Deadline is Friday, January 18th! This is a great way for your business to gain FREE EXPOSURE.
There are 4 coupon types in the book. You may place up to 1 of each coupon type in the book
(for a potential of up to 4 coupons if you'd like).
- Save $10 on a purchase of $25 or more
- Save $5 on a purchase of $25 or more
- Save $25 on a purchase of $100 or more
- BOGO: Buy one item - get one item Free
(does not have to be the same item)
Here are a few other details that may help you make the decision to support the efforts of shopping local.
You can put a disclaimer on each coupon if needed. IE: only valid on certain items, exclusions, etc.
Coupon books will be sold starting in March and will be good through Dec 31st.
print 1200 books!
to be featured in the coupon book.
There will be various groups selling the books that we will donate a portion of the sales back to. You are also helping them by being in the book. Contact us if you have a group that is interested in selling the books.
Any business featured in the book can also place books by their registers for sale and you will receive $5 per book in commission. A way to recoup some of the redemption costs.
Shop Local | Live Local | Shop Marshall
Family of Action
Family of Action
One business leads to another and another and another in Marshall.
Check out Action Sports, Inc and Action TrackChair featured in Connect Business Magazine. Congrats to Tim, Jim, and the entire Action crew on all of your successes!
'Benchmarks' are a great tool to help move the state forward
The Minnesota Chamber last week celebrated an important milestone - 110 years of advocating for an energized business community that improves the lives of all Minnesotans. Reflecting on our long history of helping our members grow Minnesota, it's clear that helping to spur long-term economic vibrancy by creating economic opportunity is as important today as it was all those years ago.
Live Local Shirts
|Marshall Chamber Live Local Shirts
LIVE LOCAL shirts are here!
Call to save your size - limited quantities! Available in sizes S-2XL.
Great gift idea as well!
Chamber Member Job Postings
- Avera Marshall
- EMT - Avera Tyler
- Registered Nurse - Med/Surg - 56 hours/2 weeks
- Clinic RN or LPN - As needed
- Housekeeping - 16 hours/2 weeks!
- Patient Care Technician - Emergency Department - Days!
- Dietary Aide - As Needed!
- Ultrasound Tech - As needed!
- Housekeeping - 13 hours/2 weeks!
- Behavioral Health Technician
- C.N.A. - Sign on bonus & We could pay 100% of your college tuition!
- Clinical Coordinator - Avera@Home and Hospice
- Dietary Aide
- Housekeeping - Day/evening shift
- Licensed Practical Nurse - Avera Tyler - As Needed!
- LPN or MA - Avera Tyler Clinic - As Needed!
- Patient Care Aide - Med/Surg
- Registered Nurse - Avera Tyler
- Registered Nurse - Avera Tyler - As Needed!
- RN - Labor & Delivery
- Dietary Homemaker
- Echo/Vascular Technologist
- Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
- Clinic RN or LPN - Full Time, Days!
- Registered Nurse - Avera@Home & Hospice
- RN, LPN or MA - Full time!
- Pharmacy Technician - As Needed!
- Clinic RN - Full Time, Days!
- Pediatrics Clinic RN or LPN - Part Time, days!
- Phlebotomist - Full Time Day Shift!
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
- Health Information Representative - Full Time, Days!
- Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
- Patient Advocate
- Patient Service Representative/Receptionist
- North Star Mutual Insurance Company
- Assistant Claims Representative - Auto Claims
- Open Door Health Center
- Full-time Dentist (Cottonwood, MN)
- Dental Hygienist - Full-time (Clarkfield, MN)
- Production - Operator 1 Fulltime Day
- Production - Operator 1 Part-Time Evening
- Balanced Health Chiropractic
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Carlson & Stewart Refrigeration, Inc.
- Commercial Refrigeration Installer/Laborer
- Big Stone Therapies
- Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist
- Physical Therapist - Home Health
- Physical Therapist - Outpatient
- Physical Therapist - Pediatrics
- Lyon County
- County Engineering Technician
- Hamilton Funeral Home
- Licensed Funeral Director or Intern
- Trio Plumbing & Heating
- City of Marshall
- Maintenance Worker (Public Works)
- Maintenance Technician
- Schwan's Company
- Accounts Payable Administrator
- Claims Adjuster
- Class A CDL Long Haul Semi Driver
- Class A CDL Regional Driver
- Class A CDL Short Haul Driver
- Consumer Care Representative
- Maintenance Technician
- Material Handler
- Part-Time Merchandiser
- Route Sales Representative - $4K Sign-On Bonus!
- Sr PSM Specialist
- United Way of Southwest Minnesota
- Community Engagement & Education Coordinator
- Van der Hagen, Skogrand & Associates
- Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Program and Lending Manager
- Ramada Inn/Shay's
- Maintenance Engineer - Ramada Hotel Marshall
Any Chamber me
mber may submit job postings! Ask about your login by
Chamber Member Hot Deals
- AP Design
- AP Design - Deal of the Month
Any Chamber me
mber may submit hot deals!
Chamber E-Connection Guidelines and Policies
Newsletter Goals and Audience
The purpose of the Chamber E-Connection newsletter is to share our members' events with
other business and community members. It is an informational newsletter and helps to promote
our member businesses and their events.
Each Friday, our newsletter is sent to over 1,500 individuals. Our separate emails are sent to
the same list, but are held especially for our Chamber events and Business After Hours.
E-Connection events are included based on requests from the member business. The following criteria are requested by the Marshall Area Chamber for event submissions:
- Events flyers or submissions must be an actual event. We do not include sales or promotions.
- Events can be included in the E-Connection for one week free of charge,
and you have the option of adding one additional week for $10.
Submissions must be sent the Wednesday prior to that Friday's
E-Connection to be included to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All event flyers are for Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce members only.
Any Chamber member businesses events can be submitted to
the Chamber website as well
. Click submit new event.
Marshall Area Chamber of Commerce
118 West College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258