Chamber 10th Annual Golf Classic
June 16, 2017 at Cottonwood.
The Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce is renowned for its Annual Golf Tournament which is the marquee fundraising event for the Chamber. The Chambers 10th Annual Golf Classic will bring together businesses and government leaders to golf, network, win prizes, bid on fabulous auction items and of course to have loads of fun.
Join us on June 16th, 2017 at Cottonwood Golf Course and make sure your business is well represented.
We Are Hiring
Summer Student Postion
The Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Centre is accepting resumes for the 2017 Summer Season.
Position: Temporary part-time to full-time position during the summer from June until early September. A strong knowledge of the Ladysmith Area would be an asset. Applicants must be available to work weekends, was a full time student in 2016/17 and planning on returning as a full-time student in the fall of 2017.
To provide Visitor Information Counselor support services for the Ladysmith Visitor Centre.
Click here for Summary of Duties and more information.
New Food Truck Concession Launches at Transfer Beach!
Ladysmith, May 18, 2017 - Ladysmith foodies and Transfer Beach visitors will have a variety of new meal options with the launch of a new Food Truck Concession Service at Transfer Beach Park. The Food Truck Concession will launch May 20, 2017 and will operate daily from 11am to 7pm until September. A variety of food trucks will participate providing a wide assortment of menu items including burritos and wraps, salads, hotdogs and hamburgers, curry dishes, ice cream, milk shakes, mini doughnuts and more.
For a schedule of Food Trucks and a link to a soon-to-be-released Facebook page, or for more information on the Transfer Beach Food Truck Concession please visit the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce website at
or call 250-245-2112.
EVERYONE IS INVITED TO PLAY! June 4th 2017 Ladysmith, BC is hosting a Guinness World Record Attempt for World's Largest One Day Street Hockey Tournament. Join us and be a part of something really, really big! REGISTER TODAY! Come out and help us reach our new street hockey record and have some fun!!!
100% of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warriors and Local Youth Sports.
Welcome New Chamber Members
- Remax Ocean Pointe Realty is an individually owned and operated office located in beautiful Ladysmith. Their office is filled with energetic, helpful and welcoming realtors as well as staff who strive to assist you in every way. Your home is one of the biggest investments of your life. When you're ready to buy or sell, choose wisely-choose RE/MAX. 250-245-3700 www.remax.ca
High Line Environmental:
Offering nutrient-rich garden soil, compost and mulches. Mixed using only organic, locally sourced, sustainable materials. 250-667-1029.
- Maya Norte: Opening soon! TACOS TAPAS TEQUILA. Located at 18 Roberts Street. Open Thursday to Monday for Lunch and Dinner and Brunch on Sundays only. 250-924-1300
News from our Members
- Citrus Cycles: You don't have to be an athlete to ride a bike in Ladysmith - you just need the right bike! Take the CitrusCycles.ca hill challenge to see how easy it is to climb any hill in Ladysmith on an eBike.
- Laff: LaFF's upcoming Annual General Meeting scheduled for Wed, June 7th at 6:30pm at the Ladysmith Waterfront Art Gallery. Please mark your calendars and plan on attending - we'd love to see you. A wonderful opportunity to hear what's being happening in the LaFF organization.
- Community Futures Central Island: Test Your Emergency Preparedness. Is Your Business Ready? Your last chance to answer all the surveys ( 5 minutes tops for all three). Take Survey
- Sealegs Kayaking Adventures: We are excited to be introducing ONE hour Wildlife tours this season! During these tours our guides will be leading you through the inner harbour here at Transfer Beach, along side the bay you will travel in and around the natural estuary in hopes to see some wild life. These tours will be leaving the beach daily, however we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. At a cost of $49.00 per person, this is a perfect opportunity for beginners to get on the water, or for those who want a small taste of the sea! Please call us at 250-245-4096 to inquire further and book your tour!
- In the Beantime:Â Oyster Bay Cafe is RE-OPENING THIS FRIDAY!! We are now open 7 days a week from 8 AM - 3 PM. Stay tuned for our fresh sheet for the week... rumour has it that there will be Fish Tacos
- Ladysmith Museum Opens Tuesday May 23 2017 for the Season. Hours are from noon to 4pm Tuesday thru Saturday.
Invitation to our Members to attend the Duncan Chamber
Luncheon: Iain Black, Vancouver Board of Trade Presenting
May 24, 2017
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM PDT
Cowichan Golf & Country Club, 4955 Trans Canada Hwy.
East at Trans Canada Hwy & Bench Rd, First right.
11:30 Networking & Check in | Noon Buffet & Presentation
$30.45 for Members (extended to Ladysmith Chamber Members) | $40.95 for Non-members
Iain will speak to themes of transformation, and his view of what's on the horizon for BC businesses. Click here for more information
Challenge to all Chamber Members in support of Ladysmith's very own rider!!!
Tour de Rock 2017 is coming!!!
Let's celebrate Ladysmith's very own rider on the 2017 Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock team.
Lindy Skutnik, of 460 Realty and a Ladysmith resident, has been chosen as a guest rider for the incredible Tour de Rock from September 23rd. to October 6th.
Since 1998, this demanding ride, with participants mainly from island police detachments,have raised over $2,000,000 for paediatric cancer research and a very special place for children with, or in remission from cancer - Camp Goodtimes.
With 2017 being the 20th. anniversary, the applicant field was expanded to include paramedics, firefighters, and community representatives.
Click Here for more information on the Challenge to Chamber Members and to donate!
Town of Ladysmith
- Join Your Town of Ladysmith Public Works Crew to CELEBRATE!!! National Public Works Week
Thursday, May 25th, 1:00 to 3:30 pm
Public Works Yard - 330 6th Avenue
Fun for the whole family. Hands on experience with equipment, displays, demonstrations, bugs & dirt, trolley, fire trucks, hotdogs, cake & much more!
PUBLIC WORKS... CONNECTS US
Check out this video.
- Click here to view the Schedule for the Regular Schedule council meeting. Note May 15 Council Meeting has been rescheduled to June 5.
- Stage 1 Watering Restrictions are in effect May 1, 2017 for the City of Duncan, Municipality of North Cowichan, Cowichan Valley Regional District, Cowichan Tribes, Mill Bay Water District, Cowichan Bay Water District, Town of Lake Cowichan, Diamond Improvement District, Stz'uminus First Nations and Town of Ladysmith. Read More..
- June 24th: Hill Dash. Ladysmith's Hill Dash is back for a second year! The Hill Dash is a unique running relay event that will put your physical and mental limits to the test as you sprint up Ladysmith's High Street. Read More..
- On Thursday, May 25th @ 7:30 am and moving forward, we will be meeting at the Waterfront Art Gallery for our membership meetings. Entry is on the front of the building. At the May meeting, our guest speaker will be Rod Smith from the Ladysmith Community Marina who will provide boater demographics and spending habits, with ways that the downtown businesses can better connect to them.
May 18 - June 4, Ladysmith Little Theatre ~ Old Love
May 20-28 @ 11:00 pm - 4:00 pm Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery presents: Look at us Now!
May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Ladysmith Museum Opens for the Season.
May 25-June 3@ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Ladysmith Secondary School Performing Arts Presents: We Will Rock You, Queen the Musical
May 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm Public Works Day 330 6th Avenue
May 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Heritage Boat Festival at the Ladysmith Maritime Society
May 27 @ 7:00 pm. RCL Branch 171 Presents: Luisa Marshall as Tina Turner
May 28, Ladysmith Rotary Garden Tour
May 28. 4th Annual LaFF Golf Day
June 2- 16@ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Ladysmith Waterfront Gallery Presents: Beach Combing
June 03: 10am - 4pm Kids Pirate Day - Ladysmith Maritime Society
June 4th: Ladysmith Street Hockey Guinness Book of World Records Official Attempt!
Check out our website for further information on these events and more.....
BC Chamber in the News:
As the Voice of Business in B.C.,the BC Chamber regularly takes public stances on issues of importance to our membership and, more broadly, to B.C.'s business community.
The BC Chamber produces the following newsletters for our members and stakeholders:
- Insight: Produced monthly, Insight highlights the BC Chamber's major advocacy work.
- Chamber News: Produced monthly, Chamber News provides benefits news, program updates and tools to support BC Chamber member businesses.
- News Releases
TOURISM COWICHAN MARKETING COMMITTEE: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Tourism Cowichan is the official Destination Marketing Organization for the Cowichan. Our mission is to increase the economic and social benefits of a thriving tourism industry through focused, industry-driven and professionally managed marketing and promotion of the region to the nearby markets; and to support the efforts of the regional, provincial and national destination marketing organizations.
The core of our society is marketing and we have an EXCITING opportunity for experienced Marketers to join our expanding committee!
Member News & Events
If you have set your date or have a new event to add, send us your event information.
Include your event poster and we will print and post the poster on the Visitor Centre bulletin board. This includes events, seminars, workshops etc.
Submitting your NEWS & EVENTS is a free service for Chamber Members.
Invoices for your 2017 Chamber Memberships have been emailed and recently mailed. If you have not received your invoice or have any questions please contact our office at your convenience. Read more...
You received this email because you are member of the Chamber of the Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce or have expressed an interest in the Chamber. Please add
to your address book so we'll be sure to land in your inbox.