Thankful in These Ongoing Unique Times
With each passing week, we are collectively making huge strides in getting the pandemic under control and back to quote-unquote normal. While enduring this monumental challenge has been difficult, it's also a bit surreal and awesome too of course to be fully "re-emerging" together.
It's great that Maine is a national leader in vaccination rates, in keeping with our State's excellent relative response to the pandemic since last year compared to other areas of the country. It's allowing many of us to get back out there safely. Most of us who are fully vaccinated either already have or will soon experience:
- Seeing everyone's entire face, not just their eyes and a mask
- Hugging folks that you haven't seen live since last March
- Visiting family and friends that were not in your bubble
- Eating inside a restaurant and lingering for dessert or coffee
- Meeting with colleagues or customers in person vs. Zoom
- Making plans to have fun with others this summer
- Going to events (and hopefully Chamber events that are coming up!)
We have longed for this time for so long, and now that's it basically upon us, it's a strange combination of falling back on what comes easy, while every once in a while stopping short with a moment of hesitancy and residual anxiety. As we marvel at our renewed sense of freedom, let's all keep supporting local businesses, while staying smart and safe and vigilant in the process - and we wish you a much-deserved heck of a better summer of 2021 than 2020!