Here's some good advice from SCORE, the business mentor partner with the Small Business Administration:
– Obviously, you need plenty of your basic product, but also ensure you have the needed shipping supplies, wrapping paper, etc.
Make holiday schedules
– Will you be open more or different hours? Will you have your employees signed on?
Stock extra inventory
– Anticipate what could sell well and stock up accordingly. Make sure you know your suppliers’ capabilities too.
Check your website
– Add some special touches to display your Christmas spirit. Give a few gift ideas and if you use e-commerce tools, make sure your online system works well.
– Add some holiday pizzazz to stand from the crowd. Play festive music.
Plan a new marketing campaign
– Since many businesses achieve big goals during the holidays, it’s a good time to evaluate what you’re doing right and what might need refinement for the new year.