Become a Volunteer
with Aurora Health at Home Hospice
All it takes is a big heart, a little time and a giving spirit.
The Value of Volunteering
When you become a hospice volunteer with Aurora Health at Home, you help to make every day count by bringing joy, decreasing anxiety and enhancing the patient and family’s quality of life. You’ll also benefit by:
- Impacting the lives of others
- Developing new skills
- Meeting the needs of others
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities
There are many ways to help as a hospice volunteer. We help you find the right fit for your unique interests, skills and abilities.
- Visit patients’ homes to offer a smile and companionship, share stories, play games or read aloud.
- Veterans share their military experiences while visiting with other veterans.
- Provide respite time for caregivers to get out of the house or enjoy some downtime.
- Help with household tasks and maintenance jobs.
Abilities and Skills
- Provide homemade comfort by creating blankets, hot/cold packs, memorial items, scrapbooks and more.
- Share your musical talents by playing or singing for patients, families and caregivers.
- Help out with general clerical duties at the Aurora Health at Home office.
Certified/Licensed/Specially Trained Care
- Provide specialized assistance, such as comfort touch, meditation, pet visits and services such as haircuts/styling.
- Comforting companions sit with patients during their last hours of life, ensuring no one ever dies alone.
- Share this special experience by volunteering together with a spouse, friend or companion.
Share your time to make every day count. You can visit aurora.org/volunteer
for more information or to start the application process online.