| Join Our List
We don't talk about our memberships enough. But they are so exciting and valuable!
Our rates are at an industry low of just $44 per month (that is the cost of an annual membership, hospital employees and spouse/child add ons are even less). You get so much value. You decide how much you want to get out of it. For a little more than a dollar per day, you take your health in your hands.
Staying healthy keeps you off of expensive medications, doctors visits, and makes you happier and more productive!
Questions about a membership? Feel free to stop in, call 989.356.5600 or email our Membership Director Amanda Freeland at
GOOD NEWS! Our "60 Second Inspiration" stories are back in August! We are kicking things off by featuring this dynamic duo! Kalene and Brenna help each other push through struggle and continue to make fitness a priority. Tune in to the WBKB 6pm news on Monday, August 3rd to see their story!
We love getting to hand out these BAC Rewards again! So many of our members kept their workouts going with our virtual group fitness classes and that counts towards check-ins! We are just a little past the 2020 half way point. These rewards can be yours! At 100 check-ins you get a BAC travel cup and at 200 check-ins a BAC stadium chair!
Questions? Contact our membership director Amanda Freeland at
VIP AUGUST PASS FOR
RIDE AND BOX
"Signing up for VIP Ride was a no brainer for me. I missed cycling so much and was ready to be back. Having my specific bike reserved all month long has been great! No worrying about signing up or forgetting to sign up. I love that cycle is back, social distanced and all!"--Cali, July VIP Ride Pass
"My experience has been absolutely amazing in VIP Box! I love the combinations the instructors set up because it's always a good variety and works your whole body. I love that this class pushes you and tones my core and back. Plus I have more confidence. I'm addicted!"--Nicole, July VIP Box Pass
Our VIP pass is back for August. Your $20 VIP pass (per format) gives you all access to these specialty workouts. No sign ups. No waitlists. Use the same bag or bike all month. Social distanced and ready for you.
Wednesdays at 6am (45 minute ride)
Thursdays at 5:30pm (45 minute ride)
Saturdays at 7am (NEW! 60 minute ride)
Tuesdays at 5:30pm
Sundays at 11am
All classes are open to you. It's unlimited use. No obligation to make them all. Do what your life and schedule allows with ease of mind. Your spot is there. We are there!
We LOVE seeing you at the Club. We KNOW that the energy, variety of workouts and accountability we offer at BAC changes lives. Hands down.
We know you are also looking for ways to stay active when you are not at the club. You can enjoy a quick workout at home or on-the-go with our friends at Beachbody.
Owner Trina Gray loves to box at Urban, teach strength, Pilates, attend yoga and Lift & Shred classes and works out up in the weight room. But she also
uses Beachbody on Demand (an on-line workout library) when she is juggling life between work and kids, especially during our stay at home orders.
Workout with no boundaries.
With BOD, you get hundreds of workouts, unlimited for a year. You can workout with your smart phone, iPad, laptop or smart TV.
On the road or at home? This works.
Questions about getting
BOD All Access
through BAC? You can get it solo or packaged with a month of Shakeology ON SALE, including a FREE Shaker Cup and food plan!
Check out the link above to go directly to the BAC Beachbody account or simply REPLY to this email and we will get you set up.
We were still getting shakeology during the
closure and we want to get it in your hands. While supplies last, anyone who purchases a box or bag of shakeology from the club will get a free piece of logowear! Your choice! HUGE value.
We all struggle with food prep and getting all the nutrients we need in life every day. Shakeology solves both of those problems. It literally fills the gaps in our daily nutrition. We still advocate eating clean, colorful, whole foods for your daily meals. Shakeology is a multivitamin in a meal.
It is quick, convenient and filled with vitamins, minerals, superfoods, probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants and protein. It is NOT a diet shake or a quick fix. It is whole food nutrition.
Need Shakeology at home for YOUR family? FREE shaker cup with purchase!
You can order a supply for home at:
Healthy Living Recipe
by Kelly Lake
Southwestern Harvest Bowl
The best time of year to enjoy fresh corn is here and it really helps this bowl celebrate the late summer flavors. Yes, there are a couple steps, but they are not complex. You could make extra servings for meal prepping if you are looking to cut down on the time you are in the kitchen. Enjoy good food but without the hassle of cooking each night.
Marinade for Chicken
1 TBSP honey
1 juice of lime
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
2 sweet potatos, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 ear of sweet corn, kernels removed
1 lb. chicken
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, chunked into cubes
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 handful fresh cilantro
2 TBSP olive oil
Pinch of salt
Zest of lime
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potato with one tablespoon of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roast, covered with foil for about 40 minutes. Pierce the largest cube with knife and if there is no resistance, they are cooked.
In a resealable container combine the marinade ingredients, add chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Grill or broil over high heat until cooked thoroughly. Set aside to rest.
Prepare the quinoa by bringing water to bowl in a medium pot, add the quinoa and stir. Put top on pot and bring heat down to low. Stir occasionally until cooked, about 15 minutes. Toss in black beans to mix together and warm slightly.
Your best health insurance is being proactive.
Thank you for being on this journey with us!
Trina Gray, Bay Athletic Club
Life Changed. We Responded. You Acted.
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional, " said international best-selling author John Maxwell.
We are living through one of the most radical periods of change in modern history. The world pandemic has changed our schools, our jobs, our families, our economy, our communication, our daily habits and our mental and physical health.
I hope that this change has challenged you to grow in new ways. I hope you have learned technology to stay connected to loved ones, to stay active with virtual workouts and to stay productive in your work. I hope you have learned to disconnect from the television, headlines and the computer to spend time in nature, with a book, with your faith, cooking with loved ones, gardening, exploring hobbies, and other things that bring you simple joys.
Change leads to incredible growth, when you accept that we are not in control of it all. When you accept that the decisions and opinions of others do not need to steal from your own happiness. When you accept that no matter what is happening in the world around us, you control your own thoughts and actions.
At BAC, we used the past four months to find ways to reach you, serve you, stay in touch with you and reopen our doors slowly and steadily, as mandates allow. Many small businesses will not survive this. Many clubs and gyms will close. But we are committed to be a place of wellness and positive connection in Alpena. Some things may look different, schedules, hours, specialty classes, entrances, cleaning, etc. But at the heart of it, we remain the same. We can all choose to see the good, to see the positive and to be a part of the next chapter.
Thank you to the members who were able to stay with us during the shut down and return with us, virtually or live and in person.
We heard from some of you and really appreciate it!
"Now that BAC is reopened, I'm back on my normal 9 AM virtual and in person..... I feel like I hadn't missed a beat... Thank you BAC. You are a very important part of my life and I can't imagine what kind of shape I would be in if it wasn't for you." -- Sue Krafft
"Virtual access during the shutdown has kept me accountable and on top of my fitness. Plus it gave me something to look forward to each day. My daughters and I loved working out together. I would love to see more live workouts (I missed my time at the club), but understand easing back into it. I appreciate the live options added to the virtual offerings and think BAC has done an amazing job during this difficult time."--Kari Jones
"Having access to the virtual classes has been a lifesaver! I was in Florida when everything shut down. A bright spot was hearing that BAC would be starting virtual classes. I jumped in right away. I missed my classes, but likely would have been sitting around, finding comfort in food if I hadn't started the workouts. Currently, I appreciate that virtual classes are still being offered with live classes are. I've been doing one or two a week at the club and the others at home. Thank you for keeping this hybrid model as we all get through this pandemic together. We all have different comfort levels." --
Trina Gray, Owner, Bay Athletic Club and Bay Urban Fitness
PS - Jump in on Group Ex ROCKS in August! Earn your FREE tank or tshirt for attending your favorite classes, live or virtual!
GET INVOLVED. GET RESULTS.
- This popular camp is back in August! Meeting at the evening time slot beginning Monday, August 3rd and running until Thursday, August 27th
- We are calling it BODY BEAUTY MAKEOVER in August because many of us are feeling the need for a makeover after the last four months.
- We are focusing more on nutrition with a brand new Fuel Guide and Tracker, plus there will be more focus on your days off Beauty workouts with suggestions of other workouts.
- Purchase a bag or box of Shakeology from BAC to commit to one shake a day during camp and you'll get a free piece of logowear as a bonus.
- We will continue with our personal development book "100 Days Happier" each session to build inner strength as well.
- Meets Tuesdays (day change) and Thursdays at 6:30pm in the BAC Studio.
- Camp led by Beauty coaches Sarah Morrison, Amy Schultz, Tracie Granata, Trina Gray and Amanda Freeland.
- The cost is $50 for BAC members and $75 for non members.
- SPECIAL BEAUTY VIP discount! Once you have done five Body Beauty camps and are a BAC member, your cost of camp becomes $30.
- BONUS: We have a Beauty loyalty program with gifts! You can earn tanks, pins, bracelets and even an Under Armour Body Beauty jacket!
- Sign up by calling 989.356.5600 or emailing Courtney@BayAthleticClub.com.
- Just six spots left! We are maxing out at a lower number to ensure social distancing in the BAC Studio.
TIPS FROM NUTRITION EDUCATOR AMANDA FREELAND
Stress and overwhelm can lower immunity. Try these tips to help lower stress and boost your immune system.
Our nutrition is directly linked to our stress levels. When we are eating well our mind feels more clear, we make better decisions and our body responds, repairs and heals faster. Our immune system is also able to work more efficiently and becomes stronger when our nutrition is on track.
- Stress can cause us to overeat, binge eat, eat foods we wouldn't typically choose or to not eat, which can be just as harmful to our health. It's important to understand our favorite foods can lower our stress (like dark chocolate) but in moderation. That's why restricting foods we enjoy can cause us more stress.
- With the right nutrition we are better prepared to face the challenges in our day. We will have fewer headaches, and more patience and better energy to handle things that come our way. Nutrition is directly linked to mental health and has the power to influence the amount of anxiety and depression that we feel.
- Getting in enough micronutrients boosts your immunity. Foods like red peppers, garlic, ginger, citrus fruits and broccoli should be on your list of foods to eat each week to help boost your immunity. Good news, Shakeology is also packed with micronutrients that help to improve overall immunity.
- Stress alters your cravings. These often hit during the 'post-lunch dip', and increase at hormonal times and under stress. To curb your cravings, include small portions of the craved item into your usual diet, rather than trying to resist completely. Or distract yourself by getting involved in something else, drink a glass of water or chew gum and the craving may pass. Keep healthy food nearby, and do not wait too long between snacks.
- Stress eating leads to sugar highs and lows. Although the brain needs glucose to enable it to perform effectively, very sugary foods cause your blood sugar level to spike and then plummet, leaving you sleepy and lethargic. This can lead to another sweet craving, and the cycle continues.
- Drink all of your water. Proper hydration is healing, allows your body and organs to function well and reduces headaches and tension in the body.
Overall, paying attention to our nutrition can do a lot up keep us healthy and feeling good.
TAKE ACTION OVER YOUR NUTRITION:
We offer a 3-pack of personal training for $95. You can mix and match your sessions to include personal training for fitness and/or nutrition coaching with Amanda. Email Amanda@BayAthleticClub.com to get started.
GET A QUICK LOOK AT WHAT IS NEW IN OUR GROUP EXERCISE DEPARTMENT
GROUP EX ROCKS HAPPENING IN AUGUST!
Let's get back to some normalcy! Group Ex ROCKS is back! Free, fun and great rewards!
Pick your game card up at the front desk and get ready to earn a "Fitness Doesn't Take the Summer Off" t-shirt or tank! We love this annual group fitness game we play each summer. All you have to do is get to classes (live or virtual) and cross off all of the 12 boxes. Then turn your card in and you'll earn your gift!
YOGA ON THE BEACH
Join instructor Cheryl Mack on Saturday, August 22nd at 8:30 am at Thomson Beach for this unique and relaxing Yoga workout. Bring your own towel or mat. Meet at Bay Urban if it rains that day. This class is a BONUS to our BAC members and $10 for guests.
Ami Lenning is excited to host a Pound Party on Friday, August 7th at Bay Urban Fitness. This is a BONUS to our BAC members and $10 for guests. Pound is a choreographed, cardio-based class with strength intervals set to the beat of the music using drumsticks. It is a great workout that feels like a party!
POUND 90: Friday, August 21st at 5:30pm
- LOVE POUND AND WANT EVEN MORE---you'll get more here and double the time of a normal Pound workout!
- 90 minute sweat, using the drumsticks in a workout that feels like a party
- burn mega calories while toning your body
- led by Ami Lenning
- $10 for members / $20 for non members
- sign up required
- 989-356-5600 or email Courtney@BayAthleticClub.com
HIGH FIVES TO MORE PEOPLE MAKING FITNESS A WAY OF LIFE