Good Afternoon St. Gabriel Families,
We are off to a great start. Daily routines are being established and the learning has begun. We are all so happy to see the students back in the building. I have had the opportunity to visit each of the classrooms a number of times. I am very impressed and thankful for all the friendly waves and smiles that I receive from the students as I visit their classrooms. I am truly blessed to be able to be a part of the St. Gabriel family. Thank you again for your warm welcome!
We have completed 8 days of school and have not had any positive cases reported among our students, teachers, or staff. Students have done a great job remembering to keep a distance between themselves and others. We will continue to implement our mitigation strategies listed in our COVID protocol.
Thank you for your support during this pandemic. We will continue to keep the safety of our students and staff a high priority. Please help us keep everyone safe and keep your child home if they are experiencing any symptoms. We need to work together to navigate through this pandemic and keep our doors open for our children to learn in person.
The spirit wear store is open (see the link below). We have added gym shorts to the store as an option for 5th-8th graders who may need appropriate shorts to change into for gym class.
Please remember to consult the school dress code when purchasing school clothes and dressing your child for school each morning. Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee and students should no longer be wearing their gym clothes (athletic shorts) to school. If your child is wearing leggings, please make sure that their top/dress is at least mid-thigh length. Thank you for supporting our school and helping to maintain the positive, Catholic school learning environment needed for our students. Our goal is for all students to be recognized as members of our Catholic community who actively demonstrate the values inherent in our school mission.
Pick-Up and Drop Off Lines:
Fr. Tim gets a 10 out of 10 for his dance moves during morning drop-off. Go Fr. Tim!!! 😀 👏
Pick-up and drop-off procedures have been going well. For the safety of our students and in order to keep things moving, please keep in mind the following things.
- Students should enter and exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. We do not want students walking between cars to get to the other side.
- If you need to help your child buckle into a car seat, please pull forward and either pull into a parking spot by the school or move into the parish parking lot before getting out of your car to buckle them in. We need to keep the line moving.
- Please stay in the car line to pick up your child. Do not park and walk between the cars to get to the front door. We will keep the line moving so you will not be waiting long and we will help your child into the car if that is necessary. Typically, we are able to get through the entire car line in about 10 minutes (or less).
Technology Replacement Program:
Please remember to return both the "Acceptable Use" form and payment for the Technology Replacement Program. Once we have received both of these things, your student (grades 2-8) will be able to bring their Chromebook home. Students in grades K4 - 1 will continue to use the tablets in class only.
Save the Date:
October 29 - Soles Walk/Trunk or Treat
NO SCHOOL, tomorrow, September 3. It is an in-service day for teachers.
Lastly, a reminder that gym and health days are as follows:
- Monday is gym for grades 1-8
- Tuesday is health grades 1-8, gym K4 & K5
- Thursday is gym K4-8
Peace and Blessings,
St. Gabriel Catholic Parish School
With God's help, we will do MIGHTY things!