Coming Weeks At-a-Glance:
- November 16th ~ Trimester 2 Starts
- November 18th ~ Adaptive Pause Starts (Remote Learning all students)
- November 20th ~ Report Cards will be mailed home
Self- Certification Reminders:
Bookmark the self-certification link: Cherokee Student Self-Certification
- It must be filled out the day of arrival, not the night before.
- Cohort A - Complete by 7am
- Cohort B - Complete by 11am
Adaptive Pause Information:
By now you have seen the message from the superintendent that we are recommending an adaptive pause for our district to go into remote learning. Below is a timeline and some reminders about what this means for Cherokee:
- Monday, November 16th - Hybrid Learning
- Tuesday, November 17th - Hybrid Learning
- Wednesday, November 18th - Remote Learning all students
- Tuesday, November 24th - Superintendent will send out communication
Reminders about remote learning:
- Students will continue to follow the same schedule, it will just be online
- Homeroom teachers will be sending out google meet invites (the same way that the specials teachers are inviting students).
- Books, notebooks, and other academic resources will go home with students starting next week. If we remain in remote for longer we can always host a supply pick-up for families.
- Please get into the routine of charging the iPad at home.
Clothing Drive - Service Project
As we go into this season of Thanksgiving, I hope that all of our families can participate in this student driven service project. Eloise Muliken is a 4th grader at Cherokee who has served on the Student Leadership Team and she has organized a winter clothing drive to benefit the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago.
Starting next week, we will be collecting winter clothing (new or gently used) in the Cherokee front entrance area. Daily several boxes will be placed outside so that parents can drive and drop off the clothing. Eloise plans on delivering the collection right before Thanksgiving. You can learn more by reading the flyer and watching the video that Eloise created to promote the project.
Yearbook APT Update:
We are hoping to have parents submit photos with their child holding up a sign they made with a word they are thankful for. They can send photos to email@example.com or reach out to me or Brooke with any questions. The heading of the page with be “Cheetahs give thanks for...” with a montage of the photos.
Remote Learning Presentation - Save the Date:
District 67 staff will offer a virtual presentation for parents/guardians on remote learning on Tuesday, December 1 at 6:30 p.m. More information will follow, but save the date if you’re interested in learning more about how you can support remote learning for your child.
Parents should contact the Principal to report COVID-related information. The Principal will communicate relevant information to the appropriate staff including the nurse and classroom teachers.