Please Bring Filled Water Bottles Next Week
As you know, we have been busy making the final preparations for students to begin returning to our District 67 buildings next week.
We recently had a contractor test the water systems in our buildings following months of non-use. While they found no overall concern with the water system, they did note the chlorine levels to be slightly lower than preferred and, as an extra precaution, are recommending that the water bottle filling stations not be used for one week from the time students begin returning.
With this in mind, we are turning off the bottle filling stations for the first week in the buildings and ask that staff and students bring water from home September 14-18. This will allow the chlorine levels in our water system the time required to re-balance. Water bottle fillers will be available again on Monday, September 21. As the toilets and sinks are used more consistently and at a higher volume, the system will adjust to the correct chlorine levels without being turned off.
Again, students are invited to bring filled, non-aerosol water bottles from home for the first week of hybrid in-person learning. We will also have bottled water on hand during the first week for those who need it.
An Update on District 67 Bus Schedules
We have heard from families reporting various issues with bus assignments. We want to acknowledge and thank you for those messages.
Due to last-minute changes and the ongoing addition of new riders, the District will issue updated bus schedules over the weekend.
As with so many things this school year, the bus scheduling process is more complex than usual. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Coming Weeks At-a-Glance:
- ½ Cohort in person M/W
- ½ Cohort in person T/TH
- Full HYBRID Schedule begins
Staggered Start Logistics:
We are bringing in half of the cohorts into school at a time to practice wearing masks, social distancing, and other new expectations. The goal of this time is to build strong routines so that on September 21st the hybrid program can start in full. Below are a few important notes around logistics:
- Students will be assigned to come during their AM/PM time to school on a Monday/Wednesday or a Tuesday/Thursday. For example: if a 1st grader is in cohort A and coming Monday/Wednesday then his/her week would be the following:
- Monday AM - In Person
- Tuesday AM - Remote
- Wednesday AM - In person
- Thursday AM - Remote
- Friday - All Remote
- When a student is not in school, they will be completing asynchronous work that is assigned via SeeSaw.
- During this week, all students will continue to receive the remote portion of their day through synchronous specials and other learning with specialists.
- On Friday, teachers will greet/launch students online during their AM/PM cohorts. Then, teachers will spend the day planning for the week of the 21st.
- Bookmark the self-certification link: Cherokee Student Self-Certification
- It must be filled out the day of arrival, not the night before.
- Cohort A - Complete by 7am
- Cohort B - Complete by 11am
- Please make sure you fill it out EVERY day, even if you child has symptoms. When we see this, will can follow up with you on why they are absent and how they can gain entrance back to school.
- You will not need to present verification. We will have a list of students who have not passed or not completed the survey.
- If you have not completed the survey PRIOR to arrival, you will need to park in the parking lot and come to Door Ain order to have your child's symptom screening completed by the nurse.
Car Pick-Up Only
If you will be routinely picking up your child after school, we ask that you complete this form
so that we can create signs for you to display on your windshield. The signs will be created and sent home with your child on the first day of school. This helps create a faster dismissal process. We will send home two signs that are laminated.
As we head into our in-person learning, and strive to maintain distance for the health and safety of all involved, we ask that you work on the following with your children to building their independence:
- Please send a snack that that your child can open on his/her own.
- Your child should be able to take on and off his/her mask independently. Each child should have his/her mask ON upon exit from their car, or bike or as they approach school on foot.
- Please send extra clean masks with your child. We will have disposable ones on hand, but in case one gets dirty, dropped, etc. we would like them to have a clean one to put on.
- Please try to send your child in shoes that he/she can tie independently or don’t need to be tied.
- Ensure that your child is seated on the passenger side of your car for easy exit. Please work with your child on entering and exiting the car with ease, independently.
Remote Learning Update:
General Schedule Remote Learning:
- 7:45-10:45am ~ Remote with Homeroom Teacher
- 12:00-2:00pm ~ Regularly schedule Remote Learning with Specials and Specialists
- 8:45-10:45am ~ Regularly schedule Remote Learning with Specials and Specialists
- 12:00-3:00pm ~ Remote with Homeroom Teacher