Elevated Films Craft Beer Symposium
Thursday, October 8
Whole Foods Market: 1550 North Kingsbury Street
5pm to 8pm
Whole Foods is hosting a craft beer symposium on
Thursday, October 8th to benefit Elevated Films Chicago.
Stop by to taste over 30 beers, wines and spirits, and grab your free commemorative tasting glass.
Chicago Sculpture Exhibit Celebrates Chicago Artists Month
Saturday, October 10
4041 N. Milwaukee Ave.
3pm - 6pm
The Chicago Sculpture Exhibit is partnering with the National Veterans Art Museum in celebration of Chicago Artists Month. CSE will provide a trolley, which will take guests from the Jefferson Park Blue Line Station to the museum and explore the arts in Jefferson Park and Portage Park. As always, admission is free.
43rd Ward Flu Shot Clinic
10am - 2pm
DePaul Student Center:
2250 N. Sheffield, Room 314A
The Chicago Department of Public Health will be providing free flu shots at the Depaul Student Center on October 13, 2015.
Help Support Mayer Magnet
Mayer Magnet is the only CPS school offering a powerful combination of Montessori, International Baccalaureate and fine arts for all students, age 3 to grade 8.
Friends of Mayer is
asking neighbors to contribute at any amount to help Mayer Magnet maintain its level of excellence.
The 38th running of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is Sunday, October 11, 2015. As you know, the Chicago Marathon will involve extensive street closures throughout the City.
If you live on one of the streets along the marathon route,
you must move your vehicle to another location off the course by Saturday, October 10. Towing of vehicles on closed thoroughfares will begin at 1am on Sunday, October 11. Vehicles that are not removed from the street by 1 a.m. will be ticketed and towed. In and around the 43rd Ward, these locations include the following, however, please be on the lookout for 'No Parking' signage in your neighborhood.
Street Closures and Parking Restrictions
- LaSalle St.: Jackson Blvd. to Stockton Dr.
- Stockton Dr.: LaSalle Dr. to Fullerton Dr.
- Fullerton Dr.: Stockton Dr. to Cannon Dr.
- Cannon Dr.: Fullerton Dr. to Sheridan Rd.
- Sheridan Rd.: Diversey Pkwy. to Belmont Ave.
- Broadway St.: Addison St. to Diversey Pkwy.
- Clark St.: Diversey Pkwy. to Webster Ave.
- Webster Ave.: Clark St. to Sedgwick St.
- Sedgwick St.: Webster Ave. to North Ave.
- North Ave.: Sedgwick St. to Wells St.
- Wells St.: North Ave. to Hubbard St.
Street closures along the route will occur between 7am and 3pm. City streets will re-open promptly as the final runners pass through. The Chicago Police Department will be responsible for closing and re-opening streets and will do so in a manner ensuring runner and spectator safety.
The following routes are scheduled to be available
, however, additional streets may be closed by the Chicago Police Department if deemed necessary.
- Lake Shore Drive's north and southbound lanes will remain open.
- Inner Lake Shore Drive's north and southbound lanes will remain open from Diversey Pkwy. to Belmont Ave. Access to Lake Shore Dr. will remain open at Belmont Ave.
- Clybourn Ave. will remain open.
- Lincoln Ave. north of Sedgwick St. will remain open.
- Clark St. north of Diversey Pkwy. will remain open.
- Halsted St. north of Adams St. will remain open.
Appeal Your Property Tax Assessment
We strongly encourage 43rd Ward homeowners to appeal your property tax assessment and take advantage of every exemption that may be available to you.
Please visit my office between 1pm and 5pm this Friday, October 9th. Staff from Commissioner Gainer's office, Commissioner Fritchey's office and Board of Review Commissioner Carbonargi's office will be on-site to assist in filing your appeal.
43rd Ward Property Tax Assistance
Friday, October 9th
1pm - 5pm
43rd Ward Office: 2523 N. Halsted
43rd Ward Alderman