Dear Early Learning Provider,
We received an update from the Office of Early Learning and wanted to share it with you.
Office of Early Learning
VPK and School Readiness:
- The Office of Early Learning is going to pay/reimburse providers for additional absences of active enrollments or temporary closures due to COVID-19. The Governor and Commissioner of Education have repeatedly reassured child care providers in press releases and press conferences of this provision.
- The EFS Mod team has been working to identify what changes need to be made to the system to implement these provisions. Like these factors or considerations:
- Submission of prior attendance
- Eligibility re-determination timelines and notices
- Waiving Parent fees
- As soon as specific information is available, we will share it with you.
CDC Guidance on Social Distancing in School Settings:
- The Office of Early Learning strongly encourages providers to adhere to the CDC's guidance which limits gatherings of students and employees to no more than 10 people in an occupied space.
- The Office of Early Learning understands these are tough decisions for child care operators. DCF will be sending an update on this topic too. In the meantime, please stay with in ratio, but incorporate this practice.
Executive Order From the Governor is Coming:
- The Office of Early Learning expects an Executive Order from Governor DeSantis very soon that will have specifics related to VPK and School Readiness programs. Some of the specifics in the Executive Order may include:
- The possibility of the elimination on SR or VPK child assessments
- The possibility of the elimination of the 2019-2020 readiness rates
As a reminder, our
Provider Warm Line is open and ready to assist you with your questions and situations.
The Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County