The Florida Department of Education's Office and Office of Early Learning along with local early learning coalitions throughout the state are prioritizing child care for first responders and health care workers.
Child care services for these personnel will be provided
regardless of income.
For each certified first responder and essential healthcare worker* who has been vetted by the Early Learning Coalition of Broward County and is being served by your program:
- You are allowed to charge us your contracted SR reimbursement rate based on care levels.
- Parent co-pays are waived.
- You will receive a bonus of $500 per eligible child per month.
- Maximum reimbursement bonus for child care providers for certified First Responders and Essential Healthcare Workers is $4,000 per month, and $12,000 total.
- This rule will also apply retroactively to April 1, 2020 for all qualified workers who had already been receiving child care.
*The list of eligible occupations comes directly from
Governor DeSantis’ Executive Order
authorizing free child care for specific personnel, and the list is located on the our website at www.elcbroward.org under COVID-19 Updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Child care providers MUST have an existing School Readiness contract with the ELC in order to be eligible for this payment.