After Christmas it’s hard to regroup and rethink about, "what a gift is." So the challenge for the next month is to work toward sharing and receiving the gifts of Christ that sometimes go unnoticed or unappreciated. These are the gift that might come easily or might require some practice and discipline.
One of the scriptures that influenced the formation of the Methodist Church and still guides our church is the scripture from Micah 6:8. This scripture defines 3 simple rules of how to partner with Christ and be church together.
Our New Year's Challenge will be to use the 6 following practices to see if we can put into live guided by Micah 6:8!
1. Encouraging- be positive always! with family, friends, classmates, neighbors
2. Giving- give of yourself, offer your time or help, share what you have, give away extra, donate clothes, toys or things you’re not using, give appreciation, give compliments!
3. Leading- use actions to show by example, be the first to do something nobody else is willing to do, start something others could join you in doing
4. Praising- be appreciative, make the little things count, be caring
5. Serving- remember God in your actions, think about God’s plan for you- it’s surrounded in love. Radiate God’s love!
6. Teaching- be respectful and help others to know and understand what you know.