Truth & Reconcilitaion Day T-shirts
This year, in honour of September 30th and the first federally recognized Truth & Reconciliation Day, the PAC purchased 65 orange shirts for the Choice students, staff & teachers to keep.
Our 2021 Orange Shirts were purchased from Native Northwest.
Their principles include the following tenants:
- 100% of the art featured on Native Northwest products is designed by Indigenous artists
- All artists have provided consent and contractual permission for their art to be featured on Native Northwest products
- Artist names are acknowledged on all product packaging
- Cultural traditions are honoured by acknowledging cultural affiliation on product packaging
- Artists are paid in fees and royalties
This year, proceeds from orange shirt sales will be directed to the Native Northwest Reconciliation Fund, Orange Shirt Society, and the BC Aboriginal Child Care Association. The new Native Northwest Reconciliation Fund was created to support people and families who continue to be impacted by Residential Schools and intergenerational trauma. Its purpose is to advance Reconciliation by funding initiatives that support Indigenous wellness, learning, and culture. Thank you for supporting Orange Shirt Day.
Many families have made substantial donations towards these shirts - we thank you for your contributions and generosity. If you would like to make donations, please email the PAC chair Erin O'Halloran.