**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE RECTOR**
•All church activities are cancelled until at least
. The office is closed to foot traffic and I have given the staff permission to work from home to limit in person contact. You can call the church office or email anyone on the staff with any questions or concerns.
•If you are in a position to continue giving to God through Christ Church, please do so. You can mail in your pledge or
~ ONLINE WORSHIP ~
Sunday Morning ~ 10:30 AM
Join us for our streamed service on FaceBook Live or YouTube
at 10:30 AM on Sunday morning.
Wednesday ~ 12:00 PM
Join us for Noonday Prayer streamed on FaceBook Live.
Online Lay Readers
As part of our Sunday worship, we are looking for people willing to record themselves at home doing the readings and then uploading them via DropBox or Google Docs. This does not only have to be adults. Parents, we would love to see and hear your children read as part of the service! If you are willing to read, please email Honey at
~ CARE IN COMMUNITY ~
Christ Church is here for you. So far, we have canvased over 200 families in the church. Volunteers are checking in and helping to meet any needs (physical, spiritual, emotional, etc.). If you are interested in participating in checking in, please email Honey Harris,
. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you or anyone you know has needs (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) by emailing Fr. Walt at
. Also, it is easy to feel alone or disconnected right now, so reach out to a friend, a neighbor, or one of the priests just to say hello.
~ PASTORAL EMERGENCIES ~
If you have a pastoral emergency, please call our new pastoral care emergency line to speak directly with one of the priests:
~ ONLINE CONNECTIONS ~
Compline and Community
Join us for a short nighttime service and chat.
Meeting ID: 996 3856 9334
Rector’s Bible Study
Father Michael will lead a study on one of his favorite passages.
Coffee Check in with Rev. Katie
Join Rev. Katie for a time of prayer and conversation.
Topic for this week: Easter and Hope in Hard Times.
Middle School Girls Bible Study
Tuesday 5:30 PM:
for Zoom link
Middle School Boys Bible Study
Thursday 5:30 PM:
for Zoom link
**If you are a leader of a group/ministry at Christ Church and would like help setting up
~ OUTREACH ~
During this time, there are ways to effectively and safely extend our hands in love to our neighbors in need. Each week, the
will provide upcoming opportunities and a list of other ways to be involved. If you are looking for ways to be involved, please consider these immediate needs of our community:
Sewing Cloth Face Masks – Anytime, At home
To protect the most vulnerable in our community, and in light of new evidence, the
wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Additionally, since surgical masks and N-95 respirators are in limited supply, masks are in need in case supplies run out and for health aides in other settings (such as retirement and nursing home facilities). Guidelines for making masks approved by Baptist Healthcare and other hospitals may be found on our website:
. Additionally, if you are in need of a face covering and do not have supplies, the U.S. Surgeon General shows how to make a covering with limited supplies:
Supporting Healthcare Workers – Anytime, At home
Help make our caregivers smile and know that they are appreciated. Pray for those on the forefront of our medical and healthcare systems. Post messages of encouraging words and pictures on social media, tagging our local hospital systems. Reach out to a healthcare worker and thank them for all they are doing. See below for additional ways to support our healthcare workers.
Food Distribution – Christ Church
We are looking into ways to support our neighbors in need, especially those who lack food, by potentially becoming a food distribution site. If you are interested in helping to coordinate and/or volunteer with this effort, please email Rev. Katie:
- Supporting Healthcare Workers:
- At Baptist Healthcare: Make our caregivers smile! Email Foundation@bhcpns.org with your encouraging words, pictures, and videos to support our frontline health care workers.
- At Baptist Healthcare: Donate food for our front-line clinicians and team members in the hospitals and medical parks that are working around the clock. Licensed restaurants and food vendors – please email Foundation@bhcpns.org to volunteer.
- At Baptist Healthcare: Sew Surgical Gowns that hit below the knee from water resistant material or cotton material with elastic at the wrists to fit snugly. See pattern here: Surgical Gown Pattern.
- At Ascension Sacred Heart: Ascension Sacred Heart is accepting donations for personal protective equipment (PPE), supplies, and food for front-line employees. Individuals or companies interested in making a donation please call 850-416-4058 to leave a message and make arrangements.
- At West Florida: Here's a way you can show your support from the safety of your home – and even provide some entertainment for the kids!
- 1. Decorate the Healthcare Heroes heart (Heart).
- 2. Cut it out and hang it in your window, from your mailbox or your front door.
- 3. Snap a photo (if you want to include the family, awesome!) and share the love on social media – make sure to tag West Florida Hospital.
- West Florida will share the photos with their team who have enjoyed hearing from the community during these busy days. Thank you for your show of support!
- We are looking into further ways to support our healthcare systems and will update you when we learn of opportunities.
- Donate Blood: If you are healthy and able to donate blood, please follow the links to these two organizations for instructions and how to schedule an appointment: American Red Cross and One Blood.
- Feeding Ministries:
- Bridging the Gap Collection: Thank you for your continued support! Our neighbors continue to need hygiene supplies (including individually packaged wet wipes), sunscreen, and snack food items (snack bars or other easily carried items). If you have supplies to donate, please email Rev. Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feeding the Gulf Coast Volunteering:
- Food Distribution for Local Youth at Libraries – to volunteer (Monday-Friday 11am-1pm), contact Todd at email@example.com.
- Volunteer to sort and pack emergency food boxes at Milton Warehouse – Volunteer.
- Waterfront Mission:
- For the health and safety of all at Waterfront, they are only accepting donations of food through delivery orders to the Mission – Grocery List and Instructions.
- Additional items needed: Rice, dried beans, pasta and sauce, large cans of vegetables, jars of peanut butter, sandwich bread, disposable plates and utensils, and lunch bags.
- UWF Argo Food Pantry: The Argo Pantry provides food to currently enrolled UWF students in need of assistance. The Argo Pantry accepts nonperishable food and personal care items. You may also send items directly to the Argo Pantry via Amazon. For a list of needs and where at UWF to bring donations: UWF Argo Pantry.
- Manna Food Pantries: Manna is unable to accept donations of food at this time. We will update you as to when they will be accepting food donations again.
Christ Church is continuing to explore ways that we can serve our neighbors that is both effective and safe (for us and others). If you have any ideas or hear of any needs, please email Rev. Katie at