**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE RECTOR**
•All church activities are cancelled until at least
. The office is closed to foot traffic and I have given the staff permission to work from home to limit in person contact. You can call the church office or email anyone on the staff with any questions or concerns.
•If you are in a position to continue giving to God through Christ Church, please do so. You can mail in your pledge or
~ ONLINE WORSHIP ~
**Beginning Sunday, we will send out a weekly email on Sunday mornings
with all of the service links that you need.
Sunday Morning ~ 10:30 AM
Join us for our streamed service on FaceBook Live or YouTube
at 10:30 AM on Sunday morning.
Wednesday ~ 12:00 PM
Join us for Noonday Prayer streamed on FaceBook Live.
~ ONLINE SUNDAY SCHOOL ~
"Great Cloud of Witnesses – The Saints" led by Father Michael & Rev. Katie
Sunday Morning: 9:30 AM
Join us for Sunday School teaching and discussion on the lives of a few saints – the well known to the obscure, and those with notoriously good and sinful lives – and what we may learn from them as we “run with perseverance the race that is set before us” (Heb. 12:1).
Meeting ID: 720 4591 9344
Lectionary Class led by Dick Hooper
Sunday Morning: 9:30 AM
Join a lively discussion about the Bible passages that will be read in church.
Online Lay Readers
As part of our Sunday worship, we are looking for people willing to record themselves at home doing the readings and then uploading them via share files. This does not have to only be adults. Parents, we would love to see and hear your children read as part of the service! If you are willing to read, please email Honey Harris at
~ CARE IN COMMUNITY ~
Christ Church is here for you. So far, we have canvased over 200 families in the church. Volunteers are checking in and helping to meet any needs (physical, spiritual, emotional, etc.). If you are interested in participating in checking in, please email Honey Harris,
. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you or anyone you know has needs (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) by emailing Fr. Walt at
. Also, it is easy to feel alone or disconnected right now, so reach out to a friend, a neighbor, or one of the priests just to say hello.
~ PASTORAL EMERGENCIES ~
If you have a pastoral emergency, please call our new pastoral care emergency line to speak directly with one of the priests:
~ ONLINE CONNECTIONS ~
Compline and Community
Join us for a short nighttime service and chat.
Meeting ID: 996 3856 9334
Rector’s Bible Study
Father Michael will lead a study on one of his favorite passages.
Coffee Check in with Rev. Katie
Join Rev. Katie for a time of prayer and conversation.
Topic for this week: Our Spiritual Life during
Quarantine – Part I
Middle School Girls Bible Study
Tuesday 5:30 PM:
for Zoom link
Middle School Boys Bible Study
Thursday 5:30 PM:
for Zoom link
**If you are a leader of a group/ministry at Christ Church and would like help setting up
~ OUTREACH ~
During this time, there are ways to effectively and safely extend our hands in love to our neighbors in need. Each week, the
will provide upcoming opportunities and a list of other ways to be involved. If you are looking for ways to be involved, please consider these immediate needs of our community:
For Children: Linked by Love – Anytime, At home
Christ Church is collecting paper chain links that share messages of LOVE and HOPE to inspire the world. Our links, and the links of children around the world, will be connected for the Guinness Book of World Records, then distributed to senior centers and hospitals as a beautiful reminder that we are all “Linked By Love!” Specific instructions can be found here:
Linked By Love
. Send completed links to: Christ Church, c/o Jen Leahey, 18 W. Wright. St., Pensacola, FL 32501.
Sewing Cloth Face Masks – Anytime, At home
To protect the most vulnerable in our community, and in light of new evidence, the
wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Masks and Gowns are in need and may be donated to
, to North West Florida Hospice (specifically gowns, information forthcoming), and to the Pensacola Medical Supply drive at
. Guidelines may be found on our website:
. If you have masks to donate or are in need of masks, please email Rev. Katie at
who will connect you. Additionally, if you are in need of a face covering and do not have supplies, the U.S. Surgeon General shows how to make a covering with limited supplies:
Food Distribution – Christ Church
We are looking into ways to support our neighbors in need, especially those who lack food, by potentially becoming a food distribution site. If you are interested in helping to coordinate and/or volunteer with this effort, please email Honey Harris at
- Supporting Healthcare Workers:
- At Baptist Healthcare: See how to help make caregivers smile through donations, messages of kindness, and donation of medical supplies: Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- At Ascension Sacred Heart: Ascension Sacred Heart is accepting donations for personal protective equipment (PPE), supplies, and food for front-line employees. Individuals or companies interested in making a donation please call 850-416-4058 to leave a message and make arrangements.
- At West Florida: Here's a way you can show your support from the safety of your home – and even provide some entertainment for the kids! First, Decorate the Healthcare Heroes heart (Heart). Then, hang it in your window, from your mailbox or your front door, and snap a photo (if you want to include the family, awesome!). Share the love on social media – make sure to tag West Florida Hospital. West Florida will share the photos with their team!
- We are looking into further ways to support our healthcare systems and will update you when we learn of additional opportunities.
- Donate Blood: If you are healthy and able to donate blood, please follow the links to these two organizations for instructions and how to schedule an appointment: American Red Cross and One Blood.
- Feeding Ministries:
- Bridging the Gap Collection: Thank you for your continued support! Our neighbors continue to need hygiene supplies (including individually packaged wet wipes), sunscreen, and snack food items (snack bars or other easily carried items). If you have supplies to donate, please email Rev. Katie at email@example.com.
- Feeding the Gulf Coast Volunteering: Volunteer to sort and pack emergency food boxes at Milton Warehouse – Volunteer.
- Waterfront Mission: The Waterfront Mission shelter is accepting donations for food and greatly needs hygiene produces. For the health and safety of all at Waterfront, they are requesting that you call or email before donating. Contact Waterfront.
- UWF Argo Food Pantry: The Argo Pantry provides food to currently enrolled UWF students in need of assistance. The Argo Pantry accepts nonperishable food and personal care items. You may also send items directly to the Argo Pantry via Amazon. For a list of needs and where at UWF to bring donations: UWF Argo Pantry.
- Manna Food Pantries: Manna is unable to accept donations of food at this time. We will update you as to when they will be accepting food donations again.
Christ Church is continuing to explore ways that we can serve our neighbors that is both effective and safe (for us and others). If you have any ideas or hear of any needs, please email Rev. Katie at