**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE RECTOR**
•All church activities are cancelled until at least
. The office is closed to foot traffic and I have given the staff permission to work from home to limit in person contact. You can call the church office or email anyone on the staff with any questions or concerns.
•If you are in a position to continue giving to God through Christ Church, please do so. You can mail in your pledge or
~ ONLINE WORSHIP ~
Sunday Morning ~ 10:30 AM
We realize that there was a serious sound issue last week despite our positive tests earlier that week. We have diagnosed the problem and addressed it. We are also adding more music. Since this will be Palm Sunday, your blessed palm was mailed to you this week for you to have on Sunday.
Wednesday Noonday Prayers ~ 12:00 PM
~ CARE IN COMMUNITY ~
Christ Church is here for you. So far, we have canvased over 175 families in the church. Volunteers are checking in and helping to meet any needs (physical, spiritual, emotional, etc.). If you are interested in participating in checking in, please email Honey Harris,
. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you or anyone you know has needs (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc.) by emailing Fr. Walt at
. Also, it is easy to feel alone or disconnected right now, so reach out to a friend, a neighbor, or one of the priests just to say hello.
Coffee Check in with Rev. Katie
Join Rev. Katie for a time of checking in with one another and sharing prayer requests.
~ PASTORAL EMERGENCIES ~
If you have a pastoral emergency, please call our new pastoral care emergency line to speak directly with one of the priests:
~ ONLINE STUDY ~
Middle School Girls Bible Study
Tuesday 5:30 PM: Zoom
Middle School Boys Bible Study
Thursday 5:30 PM: Zoom
Lenten Small Groups
Rector’s Bible Study
Thursday 7:00 PM (John 10:1-18):
Online Children’s Formation
**If you are a leader of a group/ministry at Christ Church and would like help setting up
~ OUTREACH ~
During this time, there are ways to effectively and safely extend our hands in love to our neighbors in need. Each week, the
will provide upcoming opportunities and a list of other ways to be involved. If you are looking for ways to be involved, please consider these immediate needs of our community:
Medical Supply Drive – Friday, April 3, 8am-4pm, Four Locations
The Pensacola Chamber of Commerce, along with Senator Broxson, Mayor Robinson, County Commissioners Barry and Salter are hosting a medical supply drive of supplies not currently being utilized to assist our healthcare community in combating COVID-19. Local healthcare providers have identified their greatest needs as follows:
Respirator Masks N95 1860/1860s; Standard Face / Surgical Masks (Loop or Tie-on); Flexible Mini-Tip Flocked Swab-Nasopharyngeal; Full Length Face Shields; Isolation Gowns; Nitrile Medical Examination Gloves.
Volunteers will be accepting donations via drive-by drop-off at
PenAir Federal Credit Union
(1495 E 9 Mile Rd, Pensacola, FL 32514),
the Blue Wahoos Stadium
(351 W Cedar St, Pensacola, FL 32502)
, Grover Ts (
5887 Highway 90, Milton, FL), and the
Navarre Chamber of Commerce
(1804 Prado Street) from
Friday, April 3
Bridging the Gap Collection – Monday-Friday, Christ Church Parking Lot
Our neighbors without homes are in need of hygiene supplies (including individually packaged wet wipes and ways to stay clean during this time with limited access to showers), sunscreen, and snack food items (snack bars or other easily carried items since there is less access to food). To maintain social distancing, you can drive through our parking lot and drop off supplies in the box outside the church door.
- Supporting Healthcare Workers:
- At Baptist Healthcare: Make our caregivers smile! Email Foundation@bhcpns.org with your encouraging words, pictures, and videos to support our frontline health care workers.
- At Baptist Healthcare: Donate food for our front-line clinicians and team members in the hospitals and medical parks that are working around the clock. Licensed restaurants and food vendors – please email Foundation@bhcpns.org to volunteer.
- We are looking into ways to support Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital and West Florida Hospital and will update you when we learn of opportunities.
- Sewing Surgical Masks: Information from Baptist Health Care and Pensacola Chamber of Commerce is forthcoming. If interested in being part of this effort, email Rev. Katie at email@example.com for instructions and patterns accepted by other healthcare systems in the country, Baptist’s instructions (when available), and instructions from Pensacola Mask Sewers, a Facebook group that has organized volunteers in our area.
- Donate Blood: If you are healthy and able to donate blood, please follow the links to these two organizations for instructions and how to schedule an appointment: American Red Cross and One Blood.
- Feeding Ministries:
- Feeding the Gulf Coast Volunteering: Food Distribution for Local Youth at Libraries – to volunteer (Monday-Friday 11am-1pm), contact Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or volunteer to sort and pack emergency food boxes at Milton Warehouse – Volunteer.
- Waterfront Mission: For the health and safety of all at Waterfront, they are only accepting donations of food through delivery orders to the Mission – Grocery List and Instructions. Additional items needed: Rice, dried beans, pasta and sauce, large cans of vegetables, jars of peanut butter, sandwich bread, disposable plates and utensils, and lunch bags.
- UWF Argo Food Pantry: The Argo Pantry provides food to currently enrolled UWF students in need of assistance. The Argo Pantry accepts nonperishable food and personal care items. You may also send items directly to the Argo Pantry via Amazon. For a list of needs and where at UWF to bring donations: UWF Argo Pantry.
- Manna Food Pantries: Manna is unable to accept donations of food at this time. We will update you as to when they will be accepting food donations again.
Christ Church is continuing to explore ways that we can serve our neighbors that is both effective, safe (for others and for us) and abiding by current guidelines. If you have any ideas or hear of any needs, please email Rev. Katie at