Opportunities to Volunteer
There are lots of opportunities to volunteer in our area and at our church. Some of those opportunities are:
Community Services League (CSL) Food Pantry
- Wednesdays from 9:00am - 3:00pm at Christ UMC. Contact Darla Pummill at 224-0403 for more information.
- We volunteer on the 4th Monday of each month between 5:30 & 8:00 pm If you are interested in helping, please contact Colleen Foudree at 816-478-8020.
Glendale Elementary Reading Program
- Monday through Friday between 9:30 & 11:30am or 1:00 & 3:00pm for one hour per week, during the school year, to listen to students read. A background check is needed. Pick a form up at the church. Contact Lyn Verstraete at 838-2575 for more information.
Glendale Elementary Lunch Buddies -
Eat lunch with an assigned student at least twice a month at Glendale. Lunch periods are 25 min. long and are staggered between 11:40 and 1:05. You can buy a school lunch, or just sit and visit while your student eats. A simple background check is required. Contact Lyn Verstraete. 816-838-2575 for information.
Glendale Elementary School Snack Packs
- Thursdays from 1:00 - 2:00pm at Glendale Elementary, during the school year. Contact Shirley Cottrell at 373-3687 for more information.
Harvesters & Christ UMC Food Drop
- Third Thursday of each month at Christ UMC. Volunteer help needed between 12:30 & 6:00pm.
Meals on Wheels
- Drivers are needed for this program. You are assigned a specific day and route and it takes about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Contact Meals on Wheels at 254-9566 if you are interested.
Sleeping Mats for the Homeless
- If you would like to help put together sleeping mats, please contact Myrtle Dye at 255-4543.
- Located in the Fairmount Community Center, Tabitha's Closet needs help sorting, hanging, and rotating donated clothing on Tuesdays from 9:30am to 2:30pm when school is in session. Choose to help the entire time, or just an hour or two! For those that can't stand for long periods of time, there is work you can help with too. Contact Buttons Jimerson at 228-7380 if you have any questions.