History of the Church Alley Graveyard
Once on the edge of a small village, this small (and usually quiet) eighteenth century cemetery waits out eternity enclosed in the steel and glass canyons of postmodern buildings. The Church Alley graveyard has stood silent vigil in Titan City’s Armistice Street neighborhood of the Downtown District for over three hundred years, serving as the final resting place for many legendary Titan City figures from before 1800. It was established in 1667 and saw its last burial around 1795. It was originally called the North Burying Ground because of its location, then the Middle Burying Ground before getting its current name in 1741 when it sat behind a church which itself is now only partially standing. As time has gone on and the area around it built up, the people of Titan City have always worked to be sure it wasn’t moved. Time has taken its usual toll on the graveyard, and it could use some sprucing up, but it’s still visited by history-tourists even today.