Helen Mitsui Shared Blessings Thrift Shop in Kilauea is seeking Volunteers for 2021.
Each volunteer shift is a 2-4 hour commitment for a minimum of one day per week. Experience in Retail, Customer Service, and/or Retail a plus, but not required.
Volunteers are invaluable to serving our community. Our goal is to reuse, repurpose and recycle goods — keeping as much as possible out of landfill — while providing our community with access to reasonably priced, quality merchandise.
Here are ways you can help:
* Greeters welcome shoppers and monitor our COVID guidelines.
* Customer Care helps shoppers to ensure a pleasant shopping experience.
* Merchandisers organize departments, restock the floor and display retail goods.
* Philanthropy distributes merchandise to organizations in need.
* Donation Intakers receive, sort and process donations.
Work-from-Home volunteers help prepare merchandise for sale. We are especially looking for help in these areas:
* Games: checking games to ensure all components are intact
* Stationery: packaging up cards and envelopes
* Holidays: preparing merchandise for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentines, 4th of July, and more
* School, Office, Art Craft Supplies: organizing and packaging materials for reuse
* Toys: sorting, cleaning, and packaging toys
* Hardware: sorting and packaging tools, materials, electronics and appliances
*Team players with a genuine interest in serving the community and contributing to the reuse movement.
* Willingness to support COVID-19 safety measures set by Shared Blessings
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds (Merchandisers and Donation Intakers only)
Serving the community and our environment is rewarding work. We have a lot of fun! New merchandise is donated daily, so the element of surprise and wonder is constant. Get a first peek and more!
Click on the reply button here! Let us know 1) your interests, 2) your availability to volunteer and 3) your contact information. Mahalo!