We've all been looking forward to the day when we would have the opportunity to meet again in person. Our Task Force, MLT and Elders have been in prayer and discussion extensively about this decision. On Sunday, I announced our re-opening plan. On
May 29, 2020, North Dakota was declared Green Level (Low-Risk Level).
Friday evening the Elder Board made a final unanimous decision to
re-open the church next Sunday, June 7, for in-person worship service at 9 & 10:45am.
Even though we are in the Green Level – there are still some important recommendations.
For older adults (those over age 60), those with underlying health conditions, and other populations at heightened risk from COVID-19, it's important to continue to limit time in the community.
During our re-opening, we have two in-person worship opportunities at 9:00 and 10:45am:
- in the FLC for a livestream service with mask requirement
- in our Worship Center for our Live Service with masks optional
If you aren’t feeling well, please "love others" by staying home and watching services
We will follow the ND Smart Restart recommendations for the Green Level. The guidelines are as follows:
- follow social distancing guidelines (stand/sit at least 6 feet apart)
- encourage high-risk attenders to continue to stay home
- have hand sanitizer readily available
- minimize physical contact including common elements
In addition to the ND Smart Restart recommendations, for your safety Bethel will:
- shorten service times on 1 hour or less to allow for cleaning
- clean and disinfect our facilities extensively between uses
- discontinue food services until further notice
- discontinue Children’s Ministry until further notice
- discontinue Traditions until further notice
- require our Greeters, Ushers and Gatekeepers to follow the Green Level guidelines including masks required
The health and well-being of our congregation is our first priority. We will continue to communicate important announcements during the re-opening process.
I look forward to worshiping with you this Sunday, whether you will be in-person, if you join us in our parking lot for our 105.7FM radio broadcast, or you continue to gather at home with our online worship services.
~ Pastor Andy Veith