"In great sorrow, but also with profound hope,
we turn to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church,
and ask for her protection and care
during these troubled times"
~Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R.
I am very excited to share the good news that we have just received permission from Cardinal Tobin to return to the celebration of
Mass in the Church beginning
Monday, June 15** following the
normal schedule we had before we shut down. All of the following will take place
in the Church:
Daily Masses (beginning June 15!): Monday through Saturday - 9:00 am
Private Prayer (beginning June 15!):
- Monday through Friday - after Mass until 10:30am
- Saturday - 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm.
Confessions (beginning June 20!):
- Saturdays - 4:00 pm (in north vestibule or outdoors)
Sunday Masses: (beginning June 20/21!):
- Saturdays - 5:00 pm
- Sundays - 8:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:15 pm and 7:00 pm (Spanish)
We will receive more information next week about number limits for
Sunday Masses and any special planning details which that will entail.
Live streaming: we plan to continue to live stream our daily Masses and one Sunday Mass each week - available on Facebook and YouTube, so that those unable to attend may remain spiritually connected with our faith community.
- Good news: we have just ordered installation of permanent streaming video equipment for the Church, so that we will always be able to make the Liturgy available to those who cannot attend. (We will be inviting donations for this equipment in the near future.)
Some important information about Mass in Church:
- You must wear a mask during the Mass, private prayer and Confession.
- We currently have some hand sanitizers and wipes available at Church but please do bring your own if you can.
- As you enter the church, ushers will be there to guide you to your seat.
- In order to comply with the guidelines, we are asking you to adhere to the following- watch your distancing, wear a mask, wash your hands.
- Please remember to wear a mask and keep appropriate distancing while coming forward to receive the Body of Christ at Communion.
Please remember that all the faithful continue to be dispensed from the Sund
ay Mass obligation. Cardinal Tobin also instructs us: “If you are ill or at higher risk for illness, or if attending public Mass in the current climate brings you anxiety, please be at peace and remain at home.,”
**Important note!: until Monday June 15, we continue our current livestream Mass schedule: Daily Mass 9:00 am; Sunday Mass (Saturday 3:00 pm English; 4:30 pm Spanish) with Church open for prayer Saturday & Sunday, noon to 3:00 pm, and Confessions available.
Sacraments of Initiation: we do not have dates worked out yet but we hope to be able to provide you with some information very soon.
We have all spent more than 40 days in the desert and we now we look forward to being together as we "come home" to our church!
God bless you all!
**Click for details on how to donate: