July sales numbers are in. Back on June 4th, I predicted that the sales number for July 2020 would be within ±5% of the sales recorded in July 2019. At that time, it seemed like a strong bounce back for the real estate market. What actually happened in July 2020?
- There were 1075 closed sales for single family homes in Hamilton County for July 2020.
- That's an increase of +11.5% compared to July 2019.
- That is the highest 1 month total sales seen in all of 2019 and 2020 to date.
- Median days on market were down to just 3 days compared to 6 days for July 2019
- Half of houses sold in July were only active for 3 days or less. That's bonkers. Especially when you consider that it often includes an extra 1 day for the MLS to be updated once a home is pending.
- Median and average sales price were up +14.0% and +9.5% respectively compared to July 2019.
- Median and average sales price/square foot was us a slightly more modest +8.3% and +10.5%
The new pending sales from contracts signed in July would indicate that August will also top the numbers seen in 2019. All this means that there are many buyers out there that would be interested in your home. But finding something new might be a challenge. Please contact me to discuss how we can navigate this market and find what you need at 513-830-8227 or email@example.com
. I would be happy to discuss further.