Welcome to Kellee's Korner! My name is Kellee. I am 49 years old, and suffered a major stroke on September 1, 2020. I recently moved from Tucson to Frostburg, Maryland this past November. I grew up in Cumberland, and it has been nice to see family and friends.
I found Circle of Rights, and the Young Stroke Group support group, shortly after I moved to Frostburg. I enjoy attending the support group meetings, and speaking with other stroke survivors.
In Kellee's Korner, you'll find all kinds of tidbits that will be helpful to stroke survivors. In this month's edition, I'll be sharing some tips about managing memory, confusion, and anger. Although these tips are geared towards stroke survivors, many others can benefit from these as well!
Tips to Manage Memory, Confusion, and Anger
- WRITE it down
- READ, analyze information.
- ASK a partner or a friend to listen on your behalf when you're not focused during a conversation
- FOCUS. Think ONE thing at a time, let other things go.
- TRUST your own perception of reality.
- EAT for energy!
- MAINTAIN your humility.
- PETS can help with destressing! They make everything better!