Advertisement of Vacancies on Various Boards and Commissions
The City of Columbia is accepting applications to fill several vacancies on the following boards and commissions.
Columbia Housing Authority – Resident Commissioner
Seeking to fill one (1) vacancy.
Seeking one (1) Applicant to appoint as Resident Commissioner. Applicant must reside within the city limits and must be a participant in one of Columbia Housing’s housing programs. The mission of the Columbia Housing Authority is “to meet the emerging affordable housing needs of low to moderate-income individuals and families in Columbia and Richland County while promoting self-reliance and improving their quality of life”. Term – 5 years.
Resident Commissioner Requirements:
1. SC state law governing the appointment of a Resident Commissioner to Columbia Housing’s Board of Commissioners.
“The council shall appoint not less than five nor more than seven persons as commissioners of the authority created for the municipality. At least one of the commissioners appointed shall be a person who is directly assisted by the public housing authority”. SC Public Housing Authority Statue, Article 5, City Housing Authorities, Section 31-3-340
1. Federal law governing the appointment of a Resident Commissioner to Columbia Housing’s Board of Commissioners.
“The membership of the governing board of each public housing agency must contain not less than one eligible resident board member.” United States Department of Housing & Urban Development code of federal regulations 964.415(a)
1. Must be a resident of the City of Columbia participating in one of Columbia Housing programs.
1. Housing Choice Voucher Program Participant (aka Section 8
1. Public Housing Resident residing at one of the following properties;
1. Marion Street High-rise
2. Latimer Manor
4. Reserves at Faraway
5. Arrington Manor
6. Single Family Homes
7. Oak Reed High-rise
8. Villages at Rivers Edge
10. Hammond Village
1. Must be available to attend monthly Board Meetings. The Board of Commissioners meets virtually at 4:30 pm on the third Thursday at each month via zoom.
1. Must not acquire any interest, direct or indirect, in any project or in any property included or planned to be included in any project, nor shall he or she have any interest, direct or indirect, in any contract or proposed contract for materials or services to be furnished or used in connection with any project.
2. Must not be a member of any other board, commission or committee, perform any official function, or have any private or official contractual relationship with the Housing Authority of the City of Columbia other than as a tenant, or hold any elective public office.
*This is not a paid position. Service is voluntary.
Deadline –Applications are due no later March 5, 2021 at 5pm.