Good afternoon San Gabriel,
Last night, the City Council voted to pass a local urgency ordinance that prohibits evictions due to nonpayment of rent as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This ordinance applies to residential and commercial tenants who live or operate businesses in the City who are unable to pay rent due to COVID-19. The ordinance goes into effect immediately and will remain in effect until 30 days following the expiration of Governor Gavin Newsom’s executive order (N-28-20), which authorizes local governments to impose limitations on evictions caused by COVID-19.
For information about the eviction moratorium including a list of frequently asked questions, click
. You may read the actual eviction moratorium ordinance
- Follow our COVID-19 page for developments that impact the City and the community.
- Sign up for important notifications from the City through Alert San Gabriel.
- Grocery stores and restaurants offering take-out or delivery remain open - click here for a list of resources in San Gabriel.
- Are you a business impacted by COVID-19? Click here for resources.
- Non-essential services by the City are now being handled via email, over the phone or through our website. Click here for a list of current City services and impacted events and programs.
- Click here to visit our online recreation center, which has resources for kids and adults.
- Learn more about this year's Census count and learn how to participate here.