RESTAURANTS & BARS
Halloween is traditionally a time of year that many people look to go out and celebrate the holiday at restaurants and bars. The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) would like to remind businesses of the current COVID restrictions, as they will be stepping up their enforcement during this time.
- If you have a Retail Food License, you're maximum allowed capacity is 40% or 50 people (whichever is less).
- If you have a Tavern License, without a food license, your maximum allowed capacity is 25% or 50 people (whichever is less) and you must have a food partner.
- Patrons must remain seated while eating and drinking, with a maximum party size and table occupancy of 6 people
Customer cannot walk up to the bar and order drinks. Wait staff must be in place and customers must be seated while ordering.
- Dancing or other congregating is not allowed while COVID restrictions are in place.
Reduced COVID hours remain in place for Halloween. On-site consumption of alcohol must end at 1:00am and you must close your establishment by 1:30am.
- Extended hours apply to liquor to go. Liquor to go must be sealed, no open containers, no plastic.
Lines outside of your establishment are strongly discouraged. However, if you do have a line outside, your business is responsible for the activity of the individuals waiting in line. Anyone in line must maintain proper social distancing of at least 5 feet and must wear a mask.