Just in time for Veteran’s Day and America Recycles Day, the City of Oceanside and Waste Management invite you to donate reusable items curbside, preventing perfectly good materials from going to the landfill, all while benefiting the Oceanside Disabled American Veteran's Thrift Store.
During the period of November 2-13, residents may donate up to eight gently used household items by contacting Waste Management at 760-439-2824 to schedule a pick-up, at least two days prior to their regular collection day.
Acceptable items include:
• Household and office furniture
• Bags of clothing, shoes, accessories
• School and office supplies
• Exercise equipment and sporting goods
• Video game consoles and hand held video game systems
• Cell phones and accessories
• Televisions, computers and monitors
• Refrigerators, washers and dryers
• Printers, fax machines, and scanners
This program does not accept mattresses.
For items beyond repair, reuse or refurbishment, the City and Waste Management provide Landfill Weeks twice per year. Residents can call Waste Management to schedule a curbside landfill pick up of broken or soiled items between November 30 and December 11. Along with these services, Oceanside residents can also schedule a large item landfill pick up of up to five items, three times each year for broken and soiled items by calling Waste Management at 760-439-2824.
This program is made possible through the partnership between the City’s Green Oceanside Campaign and Waste Management.