Good afternoon San Gabriel,
Following the advice of health officials, the City of San Gabriel is
canceling all major City events
for the foreseeable future. The City is also canceling events where large groups of senior citizens or other populations at risk would likely be gathering.
The following events have been canceled or postponed until further notice:
- Mission Playhouse: Performances of Newsies by Temple City Performing Arts from March 13 to March 15 have been canceled
- Ticketholders: if you purchased your ticket at Temple City High School, please call 626.548.5160 for information about refunds. If you purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster or through the Mission Playhouse Box Office, credit card transactions will be refunded back to your card. Cash transactions will be refunded in person at the Mission Playhouse Box Office on Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. You may also contact the Box Office at 626.308.2868.
- Mission Playhouse: Silent Sundays scheduled for March 22 has been postponed until further notice
- If you purchased a ticket, it will be valid for the future date. If you would like a refund, please call the Mission Playhouse Box Office at 626.308.2868.
- Community Services: Pentathlon on March 21 has been canceled
- Community Services: Eggstraordinary Spring Celebration on April 11 has been canceled
The following programs have been altered until further notice:
- Community Services: Senior Lunch Programs participants will receive frozen meals that they can take home, eliminating the congregate meal site
- Community Services: Classes/trips which tend to have all seniors or higher levels of seniors participating will be canceled or postponed
- Community Services: Passport services have been placed on hold until April 10
For additional information about Community Services programs, please call 626.308.2875.
For information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention’s website
, or the County of Los Angeles Public Health’s website
. For information about the status of City events, please click
City staff is working closely with the San Gabriel Unified and Garvey School Districts and will continue to remain in communication in an effort to ensure coordination and consistent messaging to the public.
Lastly, it’s a good time for all of us to become prepared, but not to panic. It is important that we do not act out of fear, but rather focus on treating everyone in our community with kindness. Inform yourself from reputable sources, and be aware of misinformation surrounding COVID-19. Kindness is a part of our City culture and together we will continue to support an environment in which all community members feel safe and welcome.