State Launches Rent Relief Program
The State has announced the launch of a CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program, intended to help income-eligible households pay rent and utilities, both for arrears and future payment. Supported by the Federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief provides financial assistance to income-qualified tenants experiencing housing instability and provides rent reimbursement to landlords for unpaid rent accrued between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
For more information on California's rental assistance program AND protections for tenants who cannot pay rent due to COVID-19, visit www.HousingIsKey.com or call 1-833‐430‐2122.
· Have experienced financial hardship because of COVID‐19
· Have past due rent or utility bills
· Have a household income under 80% of the area median income
Help is available for:
· Rent Debt
· Future Rent
· Utility Debt
· Future Utility Bills
Need help with your application?
Many local organizations can provide support on the application process in LA County:
· Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment Institute, (888) 428-7615
· City of Bell Gardens, (562) 806-7654
· The Community Action League, (661) 888-3856
· Stay Housed LA County, 1-888-694-0040
· Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance, (213) 738-9050
· PF Bresee Foundation, (213) 387-2822
· United American Indian Involvement, (213) 804-3405