City of Elmhurst Employment Opportunity
TEMPORARY SEASONAL LABORER, PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The position performs manual labor related to equipment operation and maintenance activities. Division tasks include the construction, repair, and maintenance of municipal streets, sidewalks, buildings, electrical systems, storm drainage facilities, landscaping and trees. This is a temporary seasonal position.
- Must be enrolled in a high school or undergraduate college education program.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift or carry 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- $12.00 per hour
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This temporary, seasonal position will end no later than August 20, 2021.
The City of Elmhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer.