City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707
Post Date, 3/20/2020 – 8:30 PM
In accordance with Executive Order 20-71 issued by Governor Ron Desantis, the following is effective immediately:
- Restaurants must suspend on-premises food consumption by customers. Such establishments may operate their kitchens for the purpose of providing delivery or take-out services. Employees, janitorial personnel, contractors and delivery personnel shall be allowed access to such establishments for the purposes of delivery or take-out services.
- Restaurants licensed to sell alcoholic beverages limited to on-site consumption are temporarily permitted to sell packaged beverages, subject to the following conditions:
- The beverage must be in a sealed container.
- The sale of any beverage must be accompanied by the sale of food in the same order.
- Any deliveries of beverages must comply with Florida Statute 561.57
We will educate and seek voluntary compliance, but enforcement is allowed under 252.50 Florida Statutes, which makes it a misdemeanor to violate any provision of an emergency order. Alternatively, we can make referrals to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation for enforcement on licensees.
We are all in this together. Thank you for your understanding.
Chief of Police