City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, Florida 33707
Post Date, 3/20/2020 – 12:00 PM
CITY OF GULFPORT MUNICIPAL BEACH AND CASINO DOCK CLOSURE
On March 19, 2020, at 4:25 p.m., Pinellas County Government passed Resolution 20-17, that effective March 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m., and extending through April 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m., all public beaches and public beach parking located within Pinellas County are closed.
To further enhance social distancing measures and discourage excessive gatherings within the public beaches and beach parking areas within the county, as provided by the Pinellas County order, the City Manager orders the following:
- A closure of the Municipal Beach and Casino docks effective March 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. and extending through April 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The City of Gulfport continues to closely monitor the coronavirus, COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents is our top priority. City Officials are working in cooperation with our Federal, State, County, and local partners in preventing the potential spread of the coronavirus within our community.
CITY OF GULFPORT CITY HALL UTILITIES MANAGED SERVICES
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
As a precautionary measure and in the best interest of our customers and staff, the City of Gulfport Utility Department will suspend all customer walk-in service activities, effective Monday, March 23, 2020, until further notice. City Staff will continue to report to work while providing services via the phone, email, and online. City Residents with Utility, Water, and Sewer billing questions are advised to call (727) 893-1016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Since many utility customers may be facing unusual financial hardships as a result of COVID-19, the City of Gulfport is suspending disconnections to utility accounts due to non-payment. Customers should pay what they can to avoid building up a large balance that will be harder to pay off later. Credit card/electronic payment processing fees have been temporarily waived to promote remote payment. Utility credit card payments can be made online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/gulfportfl or by telephone at (727) 893-1016. In addition, utility bill payments can be made via Cash, check or money order in a secure drop box located outside of City Hall and payments will continue to be processed daily.
City of Gulfport Police Department
QUALITY • COMMUNITY • PROFESSIONALISM
To Businesses in the City of Gulfport:
Governor’s Executive Order—Effective 3/17/2020 @ 5:00 PM
- Establishments licensed as bars are prohibited from selling alcohol for 30 days.
- Restaurants must reduce occupancy load by 50% of maximum capacity.
- Restaurants must establish procedures to accommodate social distancing and limit party size to 10 people.
Pinellas County will be issuing an order on 3/18/2020 which will prohibit the sale of alcohol for consumption on premises after 10 PM.
We will educate and seek voluntary compliance, but enforcement is allowed under F.S.S. 252.50, which makes it a misdemeanor to violate any provision of an emergency order. Alternatively, we can make referrals to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation for enforcement on licensees.
Robert Vincent, M.A.
Chief of Police
Gulfport Police Department
Other notable Police Department Messages:
In an effort to reduce the number of person-to-person contacts yet still provide professional services, we are making some operational changes as noted below:
- Beginning Monday, 3/23/2020, the city hall/police services building will not be open to the public. We are encouraging people to interact with us via email and telephone whenever possible. Contact information can be found at http://www.gulfportpolice.com/contact.html
- If you absolutely need to come to the police station, there is a telephone outside the front door that will automatically connect you to the dispatch center so that an officer can respond if necessary.
- We are suspending the following services:
- Bicycle registration
- Prescription drug drop-off
- Parking permits (enforcement of resident parking restrictions will also be suspended)
- Police officers are being instructed to respond to calls via telephone whenever possible. They will respond to major crimes, crimes in progress, or if there is evidence that needs to be observed or collected. Other calls will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We will continue to patrol and enforce criminal and traffic laws, although officers are being advised to maintain safe distances and to not have personal contact (i.e. handshaking) with people unless absolutely necessary.
We are all in this together. Thank you for your help and understanding.
CITY OF GULFPORT PUBLIC WORKS CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGED SERVICES DURING NORMAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
SANITATION AND RECYCLING PICK-UP SCHEDULES UNCHANGED
Our highest responsibility to you is the delivery of reliable sanitation and recycling services. As a precautionary measure and in the best interest of our customers and staff, the City of Gulfport Public Works Department will suspend all customer walk-in service activities, effective Monday, March 23, 2020, until further notice. Public Works Staff will continue to report to work while providing services via the phone, email, and online. City Residents with questions are advised to call (727) 893-1089. Public Works customer service representatives will continue to be available Monday through Friday 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
COVID-19 BUILDING DEPARTMENT PROCEDURES
Due to the current covid-19 outbreak the community development department will be practicing responsible social distancing by limiting access to the permit counter and face-to-face meetings. We encourage customers to phone in or use e-mail to correspond. Payments will be accepted by credit card only and can be phoned in. Inspections will be done normally with scheduling taking place through the inspection phone line at 727-893-1057. This will begin on Monday, March 23rd.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in our effort to provide our services and avoid even more restrictive measures during this time, and will assume our normal routine as soon as it is safe to do so.