Good afternoon Morgan Hill Community.
The details of the updated Shelter-In-Place Order were announced today. For the most part, the Order remains the same. We all need to continue to shelter-in-place and continue with social distancing when we are out for essential business or exercise through the end of May.
Because we have successfully slowed the spread of COVID-19, the Order does allow certain businesses and activities to resume, including the following:
- All construction projects that follow the Construction Project Safety Protocols issued as part of this order;
- All real estate transactions;
- Childcare establishments, summer camps, and educational and recreational programs that provide care for children of persons who are allowed to work outside of their homes, so long as those organizations comply with certain protocols;
- Outdoor businesses such as nurseries, landscaping, and agriculture that normally operated outdoors prior to the shelter-in-place orders; and
- Use of certain outdoor recreational facilities.
All businesses operating in the County must update or create a Social Distancing Protocol to reflect new requirements specified in the order.
Where there are differences between the local Health Officer’s order and the State’s order, everyone must follow the stricter restrictions. In some areas, the State order is stricter than the local order.
We sincerely thank you for all the effort that already has been made in our community to limit the spread of COVID-19.
We will get through this together!