Hello Morgan Hill Community.
This afternoon, the Santa Clara County Health Officer, Dr. Sara Cody, announced amendments to our local Shelter-in-Place Order which will allow multiple sectors and activities to resume beginning this Friday, June 5
. Subject to social distancing protocols and safety requirements, the updated order:
- Expands previously permitted business activity to include outdoor dining at restaurants and in-store shopping at retail locations.
- Permits all children to take part in childcare, summer camps, summer school, or other educational and recreational programs, so long as groups are limited to 12 or fewer.
- Allows outdoor gatherings of up to 25 people for religious services and cultural ceremonies.
- Allows outdoor recreational activities that do not involve physical contact, such as swimming, to resume.
- Permits car-based gatherings, including drive-in theaters.
A reminder to all, that although certain businesses and activities are allowed to open on June 5th, some businesses and activities may not yet be able to re-open as they determine how to meet the physical distancing, safety, and cleaning requirements to open. This may include City facilities and activities, such as the Aquatics Center and summer camps. We appreciate the community's patience as everyone works together to re-open in a correct and safe manner.