Volunteers Needed in YOUR Community
Volunteer in the "Point-In-Time Count" (PiT) to help gather information about homelessness in your community.
- Help survey individuals at centralized social service locations
- Help survey individuals where they live/spend time/receive services
Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 8 AM - 2 PM or Thursday, January 26, 2017, 8 AM - 4 PM
Adult volunteers are needed from every community and from all walks of life including:
- College Students
- Civic/Nonprofit Organizations
- Service Providers
- Faith Based Institutions
- Business & Neighborhood Groups
- Current/Formerly Homeless
- Anyone Who Would Like to Help Alleviate Homelessness
- Bilingual Individuals
YOUR Community! North, Central and South Kitsap Areas.
WHY?: Basic data collected during this annual count informs local, state, and federal funders about the scope of homelessness in our county, and helps channel funding and other resources to local communities to help people exit life on the streets and prevent homelessness. YOU can make a difference in your neighborhood by volunteering a few hours of your time!
No experience necessary! Training will be provided on the morning you volunteer.
Housing & Homelessness Program Specialist
Kitsap County Human Services