City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, FL 33707
For Immediate Release: 03/12/2020
Clam Bayou Cleanup and Nautical Flea Market Cancelled
Thursday, March 12, 2020
he City of Gulfport is closely monitoring the coronavirus, COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents is our top priority.
The Great American Cleanup at the Clam Bayou Nature Park and the Nautical Flea Market at the Municipal Marina scheduled for this Saturday, March 14, 2020 are cancelled. Participation in the City Wide Yard Sale is up to the discretion of the individual home owners.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The Department of Health recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
- Staying home when you are sick and avoiding contact with persons in poor health;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then disposing of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty; and
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Public health is everyone’s responsibility. You can find the latest information on COVID-19 at
. Any impacts to our City will be shared on our website and through our social media channels.