To the Parents and Students of the Class of 2021:
In a short time, your son or daughter will graduate as a member of the 76th class of San Joaquin Memorial. The purpose of this email is to inform you about academic and social functions pertinent to graduates and their families. Thank you for your patience, as we have been making strategic moves to ensure we could give the Class of 2021 the very best experience possible, in the most normal of contexts available to us in this current setting. Below you will find many of the details for each of the activities that are Senior driven. These are the most up to date details we can provide each family to date.
*Finals, Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation are MANDATORY ATTENDED EVENTS FOR ALL SENIORS
May 3rd – Senior Parent Graduation Meeting - 6:00p.m. via Zoom
- A meeting invite with the Zoom link will be sent to those who wish to attend the meeting on May 3rd.
Please reserve your spot via the link provided - https://forms.gle/VwmpfepCUEjvYHtR7
May 18th – Baccalaureate Mass held at Holy Spirit Church, Fresno - 7:00pm
- Students will need to report by 6:15p.m. to the church. Mass attire & Graduation gowns only.
Each student will be allowed 2 family members to attend the Baccalaureate Mass. The ceremony will also be live streamed to the community via a link provided prior to the event.
May 20th – Senior Farewell Drive – Thru event - 7:00p.m.
- Seniors with their parents will have the opportunity to celebrate one last time on campus with their teachers and staff during a drive thru event. Students can wear their cap & gown, decorate their cars, etc. and enjoy the festive atmosphere & celebratory “send off”!
- More info to come
May 21st – Senior Luau & Sober Grad celebration
- 6:00p.m - 9:00p.m – TBA (waiting for final Diocesan approval)
Interested parents who would like to help with this event in any way, please contact Shirley Boujikian at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
May 22nd – Graduation Ceremony - 9:00a.m. in the SJM Stadium
- Formal attire, cap & gown
- Students will need to report by 8:00am
A full graduation ceremony will take place in the stadium for the entire class of 2021 and 6 ticketed family members.
- The event will also be live streamed for community viewing via a link that will be provided prior to the event.
- Seating will be “first come - first serve” in pods of 6 with seating being socially distanced. Reserving seats will NOT be allowed.
- A “Handicap seating process” will be explained at the Zoom meeting and information will go out to those that request a “handicap accessible” seat in the stadium with an additional seat for a family member to accompany this person.
Handicap Request click here - https://forms.gle/qjPwP5fyU29tEuWK9
- Parking Information to come
Singing Practice Schedule - All students (attendance is very important)
- Major items handed out, ceremonial processes reviewed/practiced, learning the class song, etc.