Dear Juniors and Parents,
to all of you on your incredibly hard work during this very difficult time, and all year long! It has been inspiring to all of us to watch you step up to the challenge that has been presented to you, both as Juniors in high school, and citizens during a pandemic.
GREAT WORK! YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!
Before you read any further: please take
THIS STUDENT SURVEY
to help us improve AHS for you and future students!
WELCOME TO YOUR LAST TPOL EVER!
As you begin to prepare for the final Transitional Presentation of Learning in your high school careers, I would like to offer two thoughts of encouragement on transitions in life:
“A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter when it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you’re in and take advantage of it.” ~ Nikki Giovanni
“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” ~ C. S. Lewis
We hope that you are able to look at this time as an opportunity to grow, welcome change, and accept imperfections as we strive to overcome them. You have all completed a major milestone by making it to the end of your junior year!
Onto the nitty-gritty...
HERE IS A VIDEO
kindly created by Sara Price to introduce your Junior TPOLs.
watch it through
, and also
read the rest of this email
so you have all the information you will need to be successful, and know how the next two weeks are going to work.
Here are all of the TPOL preparation documents you will need in order to knock this TPOL out of the park!
- TPOL Overview - This is THE most important document. Look it through, and familiarize yourself with it. It outlines everything that you need to do to be successful in two weeks time.
- TPOL Questions for Reflection - These are optional prompts to help you generate thoughts and ideas for your presentation and conversation with your TPOL group.
- TPOL Groups & Schedule - This is your schedule for TPOL week. These are your groups, and include links to the meetings you are expected to participate in to succeed on your TPOLs.
This is an outline of how the next two weeks will look:
- May 18th at 2:30pm (this Monday) - TPOL Launch (join us Monday afternoon at 2:30 to discuss what is expected of you for your Junior TPOLs: meet.google.com/mhw-wzub-khw)
- May 19th-22nd (Tuesday-Friday) - TPOL Prep Support (Junior teachers are available to support you in your preparation, answer questions, assist in brainstorming, and help you practice your presentations. Each teacher is available for two hours, one day of the week. Please join us! We will be so lonely if you don’t come and say hi :)
- May 26th & 27th (Tuesday & Wednesday) - TPOL Presentations and Discussions (This is it! Make sure you are prepared to present your TPOL, answer questions, and be involved in a discussion with your peers. Please check this document so you know when you are meeting: TPOL Groups & Schedule)
- May 28th (Thursday) - Makeup TPOLs (This day is reserved to make up TPOLs for anyone who did not pass the first time around, set your alarms, do the prep work, and this won’t be you!)
That’s all, folks!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of your Junior teachers! We are all here to help you achieve success in two weeks time! We are so excited to see what you have to say, and cannot wait to have these important conversations with you.
Take care of yourselves!
The Junior Team--Steve, Julian, Jessica, Sara and Janae