Keep the weather in mind.
For instance, wind might be an issue if your booth or table has papers on it.
A few dos and don'ts.
First, let's start with the dos.
- Prepare 3 - 6 engaging questions before the event
- Ask questions that stimulate thought and encourage conversation
- Be friendly and non-threatening
- Dress comfortably (this is an outdoor event), but professionally
- Review dos and don'ts with all booth workers
Here are some don'ts you want to avoid.
- Ignore prospects by clustering or chatting with colleagues
- Use the telephone while visitors are around
- Leave the booth unattended or leave without informing colleagues
- Use inappropriate language, complain about the event or about being there
- Badmouth your competitors