Heading into November we have a number of meeting opportunities for you to participate in as we wrap up a crazy 2020.
Regionalization Kicks Off!
Our first two regions, 3 and 5, are holding their kick-off meetings in November. The work of the first two regions will help guide us as we begin having meetings with all regions in January; and as we start the process of working more closely and effectively together. Hang on...it's going to be a fun ride!
Free Continuing Education Series
For physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses
Operationalizing Digital Health
November 5 / 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Successful Virtual Encounters
November 19 / 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Part of the NC AHEC Program
Appropriate credit for physicians, nurse
practitioners, physician assistants and nurses will be
offered; 1.0 Contact Hour per session
Updox Town Hall
Workflows for Telehealth and Bringing Patients Back Safely
Tuesday, November 17
12 - 1:00 pm
As COVID appears to be spiking again, I’m hearing more stories of clinics dealing with COVID so utilizing telehealth is as important as ever in keeping staff and patients safe. The Updox Town Hall will be facilitated by Updox support staff who will be discussing ways to use telehealth effectively. For those of you who consistently use Updox this will be an excellent refresher; and for those of you who are registered for Updox but have never used it, please plan to attend to learn the best ways to implement it into your clinic.
Using three-way video chats - NEW
- Creative ways to use Updox during the pandemic
- Best practices that the Updox team have seen groups utilizing for telehealth visits and bringing patients back safely when in-office visits are necessary
All attendees will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card. More meeting information coming soon.
Evaluating Health Center Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Presented by Americares
1 - 2:00 pm
This training will guide participants through the process of evaluating their health center’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At the end of the training, participants will receive an electronic After-Action Report/Improvement Plan Template custom designed for health centers.
- Review of the incident evaluation process
- How to conduct a debriefing
- Overview of the After-Action Report template
- How to conduct an After-Action Conference
- Conducting a COVID-19 Mid-Response Evaluation
Watch for more information.
Highlights of the Guidance for Private Social Gatherings include:
- Basics about when to not attend gatherings
- Ways to reduce risk associated with social gatherings
- Recommendations for people who are hosting a social gathering
- Recommendations for people who are attending a social gathering
And finally...I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!