The Saskatchewan Coaching Academy program offers coaches the opportunity to complete all NCCP Competition-Development multisport modules in two intensive 3-day blocks. This program is designed to support coaches in the completion of NCCP Multi-sport training in an engaging, interactive environment.
Coaches completing all 9 NCCP modules will earn the
CAS-CSCS Performance Sport Coaching Certificate
, recognizing their accomplishment as a NCCP Competition-Development Trained coach.
The CAS-CSCS Performance Sport Coaching Certificate includes 62 hours of in-class learning.
The following NCCP modules will be offered as part of the program:
- NCCP Developing Athletic Abilities
- NCCP Coaching and Leading Effectively
- NCCP Performance Planning
- NCCP Manage a Sport Program
- NCCP Prevention and Recovery
- NCCP Advanced Practice Planning
- NCCP Managing Conflict
- NCCP Psychology of Performance
- NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
Coaches must complete the following pre-requisites to be eligible for the Saskatchewan Coaches Academy program:
- Certified Comp-Intro* or equivalent and minimum 3 years coaching experience
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (online evaluation complete)
- Respect in Sport
- Application Form
*NSOs/Game Plan may endorse former NT athletes without Comp-Into Certification
The Saskatchewan Coaching Academy program will be offered twice a year to accommodate summer and winter sports. The program runs Thursday to Saturday.
Block 1: October 24 - 26
Block 2: November 21 - 23
Block 1: April 16 - 18
Block 2: May 14 - 16
Tuition for the Saskatchewan Coaches Academy is $500*
and includes all 9 modules. Lunch will be provided each day for coaches.