Spring Shopping with A Side of Coffee
Have you noticed all the new pastry and coffee shops in the district? From the recently opened
to long-time neighborhood staples like
No Ghost Bears
, the district is becoming quite the destination for a good cup of coffee and accompanying pastry.
- Earth Bean Coffee, an organic and fair trade roasting house, is opening their first coffee shop at 1040 S Los Angeles St. at the end of April. The company is locally owned and operated. As a a partner with One Tree Planted, Earth Bean Coffee helps plant a tree for every coffee purchase made on their website.
, one of Saint-Tropez's most celebrated bakeries is opening at the corner of 8th and Main Streets, in the former AltHouse location. The French bakery is known for their tarts and breads. It currently has one location on La Brea, with another coming soon to West Hollywood.
761 S Main St.
- Sinners & Saints, a popular Venice bakery, is opening inside Corporation Food Hall. The bakery is known for its gluten-free treats and locally sourced ingredients. 724 S Spring St.
- Paris Baguette, a Korean franchise known for their beautiful pastry displays and delicious treats, opened a cafe on the corner of 9th and Los Angeles Streets. 200 E 9th St.
- Ben N Lin is a lovely cafe on the corner of 9th and Crocker Streets serving Copa Vida coffee, Bread Lounge pastries, sandwiches, and light bites. 921 S Crocker St.
- Best Girl at Ace Hotel has a walk up window where you can get $1 Stumptown coffee if you bring in your own mug. Best coffee deal in town! 927 S Broadway
- Cognoscenti Coffee, located in the new City Market South development, this coffee shop sits in a beautiful plaza with large communal tables perfect for getting work done. 1118 San Julian St.
- Delicious Together is best known for its Illy coffee, boba tea, Vietnamese coffees and Taiyaki fish pastries. Sitting on the corner of 9th and Santee, it is the perfect place to grab a treat while shopping. 859 Santee St.
- Mega Bodega serves coffee from Four Barrel SF and fine teas from Steep Tea Co. in Oakland. Beer is served all day. 1001 S Broadway
- No Ghost Bears is where the locals (and their puppies) hang out. It's millennial pink interiors and wall art offer a unique atmosphere - a truly independent coffee shop. 305 E 8th St.
- Verve Coffee has locations throughout California but none like this. The vertical wall garden is the perfect place to sit, relax, and enjoy a nice, strong cup of coffee. 833 S Spring St.
Save on Prom Dresses, Suits & Accessories
Did you know there's an entire street dedicated to prom dresses and accessories? Shop Santee Street from 9th to 14th Streets for the best deals on prom dresses, costume jewelry, and clutches. Additional dress stores can be found on Maple Avenue from Olympic Boulevard to 12th Street.
For the guys, suit stores are located throughout the district. We recommended starting on Los Angeles Street from 7th to Olympic Boulevard and in and around
The Santee Alley
. For more information on where to shop for prom, click the links below.
Upcoming Events & Specials
Did You Hear?...
- Italian favorite, Rossoblu, is open for weekend brunch, Eater LA
- 9th Street Ramen is opening by end of July in the former Chu's Kitched location at 111 W 9th St, DTLAer
- South City Fried Chicken has really good chicken sandwiches, LA Downtowner
- City Market Social House is now open for private events, DTLAer
- Anatra is one of the best underrated restaurants in Los Angeles, Eater LA
- Dopolavoro brings gourmet food to the Fashion District, LA Downtown News
- The flower markets made CBS Los Angeles' "LA Bucket List", CBS Los Angeles
2018 Last Remaining Seats Tickets On Sale
Watch classic movies in historic theatres, including two in the Fashion District: The Orpheum Theatre & The Theatre at Ace Hotel. Tickets are now on sale.
Los Angeles Street Streetscape Project
The Los Angeles Street Streetscape Project is a $1.77-million makeover that will add pedestrian improvements to Los Angeles Street from 7th Street to Olympic Boulevard.