HERE'S HOW YOU CAN BOOK YOUR CHECK INS WITH YOUR COACH:
1) Look at your schedule to see when you're available for a one-hour check in.
2) Go to your coach's youcanbook.me link or method of booking listed (below).
3) Choose an appropriate time slot and fill out the necessary information. Note where your coach will be that day. For texting or emailing requests, provide a few different choices of dates and times to your coach.
4) Book it! A confirmation will be sent to your email. Now, put that check in on your calendar and set your reminder.
Text directly to:
ext directly to: 240.242.5423
Text directly to:
"If you could give some Spring Break tips or advice to your younger self, what would it be?"
"Cool experiences don't have to cost a ton of money; a little planning, penny-pinching, and pooling resources with friends can give you memories you can cherish for a lifetime "
I was able to maintain pretty good balance and I used my spring break time wisely in college. Sometimes I would catch up on school work, visit family, travel out of state or just relax. My advice would be to enjoy spring break to the fullest, because after college, spring break is pretty obsolete.
"Sleep, catch up on overlooked school work, and relax!"
"It would be to take a real break from everything, travel with a purpose and come back refreshed and renewed "
Best Spring break tip I would give myself would be to enjoy the moment to the fullest. These times with friends are memories that will last forever!"
"I went to college out of state and very far away from home and my family. So I always came back to visit during breaks. Now though, I'd give my younger self permission to travel elsewhere and just get away and relax. Spring break is pretty close to summer break anyway; looking back, I think my family would have understood."
"I wish I had participated in an Alternative Breaks trip. It's an amazing way to travel for cheap while also engaging in some community service."
" Travel, and be in the moment. Create lasting memories, connections, and traditions with lifelong friends."
Mariam Melkumyan for being admitted to Penn State for a Ph.D. in Neuroscience after her graduation from American University this Spring! Way to go Mariam!!!
Shout out to
Victoria Joya at American University. In her first semester as a college student, Victoria juggled work, super early mornings at ROTC, while earning a 3.5 GPA. Very impressive!
Shout out to
Carina Umanzor and
- for their recent graduation from MC (FA 18, SP 19)! Congrats!
Shout out to
Juan Arango Millan for his persistence and decidedness. Juan transferred from a 4-year school after one semester and then started at MC and completed his requirements to earn his Associates of Arts all in one academic year. He has since transferred and is studying at another 4-year university. Keep up the tremendous work, Juan!
Varun Chowdhry, a graduating senior at the University of Rochester, who has successfully applied and been accepted into medical school! Your hard work, dedication, and determination are truly admirable! So proud of you, Varun!!!
Shout out to Montgomery College student
Princess Koiwood, who won a Chipotle gift card for winning a contest at our CollegeTracks Study Skills Workshop!
- Begin to look for summer internships
- Go to the career center to find out when career fairs are being held at your school
- Update your resume
- Go to your Professors' office hours, the Writing Center and Tutoring Centers
- Make sure you ask about key concepts you are confused about so you can be in good shape for midterms next month
- Fine tune your Time Management skills
- Do you have good blocks of time to get your homework done? Are you staying up way too late doing homework? Talk to your coach about how to maximize your time and efficiency!
Award Amount: Up to $10,000/yr
* Student from Maryland with a GPA above 2.0
* Family income below $90,000 a year, or $66,000 a year for
students pursuing career and technology training
* Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful Permanent Resident.
* Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited educational institution Graduating high
* A current college freshman
* Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
* Must submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the following topic: "Share a story about
how language has helped you express your voice."
*No Citizenship requirements
Career Center Events
Montgomery College On-Campus Recruitment Events
- March 12th - Vivint Smart Homes Pro (sales reps and office support) @ MC-Germantown
- March 19th - Continental Pools (lifeguards) @MC-Rockville
- April 8th & 9th - Fund for the Public Interest (canvassers, canvas directors, telephone outreach) @MC-Rockville
- April 3rd - Spring Career and Internship Fair
- April 17th - Education Job Fair
- March 28th - Career Community Virtual Tour (for Communications, Arts, and Media careers)
- April 8th - Career Conversation Roundtable (for Business, Analytics, Entrepreneurship, and Technology careers)
- April 12th - Job and Internship Fair
- March 13th - PJ Mock Interviews
- March 20th - Study Abroad Stories and Snacks
- March 21st - Spring Career and Internship Fair
- March 6th - Career and Internship Fair
- March 6th - Art and Art History Alumni Networking
- March 13th - Study Abroad Info Session
- April 10th - Spring Job Fair
- March 7th - Summer Job Fair
- March 12th - Nonprofit Job Fair
- March 23rd - Wicomico County Public Schools Job Fair
- March 7th - Career and Internship Fair
- March 12th - LinkedIn Photo Booth
- March 29th - Spring Job & Internship Fair
- Every Friday - Mock Interview Friday
- March 5th and 26th - What Can I Do with This Major?
- March 14th - LinkedIn Photo Booth
- March 14th - Life After College: The Job Search Process Through a Diversity Lens
- March 27th - Morgan Stanley Information Table
- March 29th - Spring Diversity Works: A Career Networking Reception
- March 29th - Spring Mega Job and Internship Fair
Univ. of Maryland
- March 5th - How to Find an Internship Workshop
- March 5th - Psychology Career Exploration Night
- March 8th - Non-Profit Industry Meetup
- March 11th - Careers in Health and Science Communication
- March 12th - USAJobs Application Workshop
- March 13th - Maryland Metropolitan Education Expo
- March 14th - Virtual/Video Interviewing Workshop
- March 29th - Free Professional Headshots
Note: If you don't see your school above, make sure to check out the Career Center events calendar for upcoming events on your campus.
*MONTGOMERY COLLEGE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION*
Scholars, spring break is just around the corner. We hope that you use this time to relax, travel, have fun and connect with your Success Coach! Below, please see additional happenings and deadlines in March.
Priority deadline to renew your FAFSA (if you have not done so, please contact your Success Coach).
Priority deadline to submit MC financial aid forms, to the MC financial aid office (check your MYMC account for details and contact your Success Coach with questions).
Priority transfer application deadline for UMD, UMD @ USG and UMBC (for fall admission).
Summer 2019 class schedule - available for viewing only
Mobile Markets Days
-March 6, 2019, 2pm-4pm at MC Takoma (outside SP and NP buildings)
-March 20, 2019, 10am-12noon at MC Germantown (outside SA building)
-March 27, 2019, 10am-12noon at MC Rockville (outside of North Garage)
Boys To Men Meeting
Boys To Men is a mentoring
program specifically aimed at retaining African American and black male
students at Montgomery College. BTM is committed to building strong relationships, positive attitudes, and life
skills for its members.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Bioscience Education Center (BE), Room 162,
Montgomery County provides many resources for its residents. If you, someone you know, or a
family is in need of food assistance or a hot meal, the Liberty Grove United Methodist Church can help.
They provide a hot meal for anyone in need on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. No
appointment or phone call is needed. Check out their website at: www.libertygrovechurch.org or call:
301-421-9166. They are located at 15225 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866.
You can also
reach out to your coach for additional resources or assistance.
THANK YOU FOR READING THE SUCCESS PROGRAM'S E-NEWSLETTER!
CollegeTracks College Success Program Team:
MS. JENNI ADAMS
MS. NNEKA ONYILOFOR
MS. RACHEL LOSTUMBO
MS. FENISE DUNSON
MR. DENNIS TURNER
MS. COURTNEY RILEY
MR. PETER MARSDEN
MS. DESTINEY AVENT