Dates to Watch For
May 25: Memorial Day - No School
May 27: Last school day of Quarter 4
May 29: Senior "Drive Thru" for the Class of 2020
June 4: Class of 2020 graduation will be conducted virtually at 8:20 pm
June 21: Official start of summer and Father's Day
July 22 (
Tentative): Live graduation ceremony at the Jennings- Kite Stadium, time to be determined. Final decision depends on approval of the CDC due to the Covid-19 situation.
It takes the coordination of many staff members to ensure that our Grenadiers are safely able to return their devices. Ms. Rumplik, Ms. Parisi, and Ms. Blanco are checking devices while maintaining CDC guidelines and social distancing.
Student Effort and Grades
Grades continue to be assigned during the second half of the 4th quarter- Students should continue to work and submit assignments through the end of this quarter.
Parents can monitor Grades through Skyward: Skyward is the official gradebook for OCPS. Check your child's grades once a week to make sure they're on track. If you have any questions, reach out to your child's teacher for clarification.
As a reminder, every student should be logging into Canvas every day in order to:
- Fulfill daily attendance requirements for each class
- Read announcements and emails from teachers
- Complete classwork assignments and activities
If you have any questions or concerns, please email your student's teachers and/or call the school.
All Summer School programs will be virtual this summer. Each program offered is for an intended audience, and therefore, information will be sent directly to those students who should participate. If you have any questions about the programs offered at Colonial High School, please email
All AP students will take the AP Exam for any enrolled AP courses. These exams are paid for by the district, which makes this a free opportunity for any AP student to earn free college credits. This equals savings of up to 2,000$ to 6,000$ per college credit. Why not just try it? Contact your AP teacher for more details, or our AP Coordinator: Mr. Burley at
* For the latest information on AP Exams please reference the link below:
* AP mock exams will be cancelled due to COVID-19. Please reach out to your AP teachers to get instruction on how they would like you to access any practice exams or materials.
* Free AP Review Classes - Beginning on Wednesday, March 25, you can attend free, live AP review courses, delivered by AP teachers from across the country. These courses:
- Are optional, mobile-friendly, and can be used alongside any work your teacher may give you.
- Will be available on-demand, so you can access them any time.
- Will focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75% of the course. There will also be some supplementary lessons including topics from the final 25% of the course
Q/A for Parents of English Language Learners: Synchono a las Siete
Mr. Jimenez hosts a question and answer session for parents of English Language Learners attending Colonial High School. Pose your questions and get answers live on Instagram at 7pm on Thursdays!
Four of our amazing staff, Ms. Obando, Ms. Enid, Ms. Bristol, and Ms. Rivera are preparing the senior packages with love, for Senior Device Return.
Students can still order the yearbook online at School Pay for 50$. The price has not increased and will remain at the current price. There is a limited supply and orders will be processed in the order in which they are received. Be sure to take a screenshot or save a copy of the final purchase confirmation page for your records. Please contact Mrs. Sharon Christensen-Jones (
) to confirm your online purchase of the Yearbook (cover picture below).
Parents and students we know that during this time of distance learning, you may have various questions. The CHS Students Services team has created a Frequently Asked Questions document to answer questions that you may have. Direct link here: tinyurl.com/CHSGuidanceFAQ
We are happy to inform you that Teen Xpress has returned to our Main Campus to provide health services at Colonial High School.
Teen Xpress services are open to any Orange County students from 11 to 18 years old. Services are free and you do not need to have insurance. Consent forms are available in the front office. Please call today for your appointment 321-842-1766 or for Spanish 321-842-1765.