The Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe presents
Color Me Human:
Race, Reconciliation and Beloved Community
From Monday, April 5th at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom
Together with the American Cathedral, the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe is pleased to offer our communities Color Me Human: Race, Reconciliation and Beloved Community, a transformational six-week program to better equip all of us to work for equality, dignity, inclusion, and racial justice.
Kathleen Dameron, a Paris-based coach and consultant with decades of experience in both the United States and Europe, will lead the program for up to 24 participants. The format of six weekly ZOOM sessions will include:
- The position of the Church with respect to racism: negative and positive history and actions to continue
- A questionnaire enabling participants to assess their own position on the spectrum of racism
- Conversation about the results of the questionnaire
- Prayer, meditation, relaxation, healing
Reading, journaling with, and discussing the book Me and White Supremacy
- Discussion in break-out groups of two or three
- Access to a private, online, community platform of curated resources and an in-network chat facility
- A follow-up session in September to talk about how the learning and intentions worked over the summer for each participant
This program is for you if you feel any or all of these:
- You want to commit to support healing from the hierarchy of races.
- You want to learn how to talk about race and racism with those around you in a safe, constructive way.
- You want to heal racial trauma within yourself.
- You are ready to detox, decondition and decolonize your mind after 500 years of systemic racism.
The course will run on Monday evenings between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., beginning on April 5th and ending on May 24th.
There is no charge for this program, though you will need to buy the book Me and White Supremacy: How to Recognize Your Privilege, Combat Racism and Change the World, by Layla F. Saad. Links for ordering it is here
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK: HERE OF HERE