Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services and the Office of Sponsored Programs have partnered to implement a change that many of our clients have requested:
On January 7, 2018, the small dollar purchase limit
will change from $5,000 to $10,000.
This change will put the University in line with new federal grant small dollar purchase limits, and will also reduce the administrative burden of purchasing, invoicing, and receiving processes for University departments:
Beginning on January 7, you'll notice the following changes:
- UVA Marketplace requisitions of up to $10,000 will automatically create purchase orders.
- The guidelines for competition will change to allow purchase orders (POs) totaling $10,000 or less per vendor to generally be purchased directly by departments with a single quote.
- Standard T&E Card limits will change to $9,999 per transaction and $20,000 per month.
- Receiving hold messages will now be sent for invoices against POs totaling over $10,000. Invoices for POs under $10,000 will continue to be approved by negative confirmation.
- Sole source justification forms will only be required for sole source purchases over $10,000.
There are a few restrictions that will continue to apply:
- These changes will apply to all University purchases regardless of fund source, but individual grant restrictions will continue to override University purchase limits.
- Equipment purchases over $5,000 will still be considered Capital Equipment purchases, and will continue to be routed to Fixed Assets Accounting.
All of these changes will be automatic and available on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
For questions or concerns about this change, please contact Shannon Wampler, Procurement Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.