June 4, 2021
Dear Senior Families,
We are working on the final details for the Class of 2021 Commencement on Monday, June 7th. As Mrs. Izokaitis previously informed you, the seniors chose Hondros Field as the site for the ceremony by a decisive 2-1 margin.
So, as we plan the final touches for Monday’s Commencement, we ask for your attention to a few of the details:
Commencement will be held on Hondros Field beginning promptly at 9:00 a.m. unless inclement weather forces us to postpone to later in the day. You will be notified if this is the case.
- Graduates will receive special Commencement masks (if they are not vaccinated) along with flowers or boutonnieres in the US Library.
- A class picture will be taken before the ceremony.
- Currently, the weather calls for a sunny, 76-degree morning with a high of 90 degrees. While the turf field allows us the space to be together, it tends to get hot quickly. Water will be provided, but please consider other ways to be cool. We ask that you not use umbrellas, however, as they will block the view of the stage for others.
- Socially distanced pods of six (6) chairs will be set up on the field for families. Entrance to the field is not permitted until 7:00 a.m. on June 7th.
- Please dress for the weather on the hot turf field. Jackets and ties are not required, but please maintain a standard of dress appropriate for this occasion. Hats are encouraged. Please also wear flat-soled shoes for the turf field.
- If you or any of your loved ones are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, we encourage you to please wear a mask while on campus, per Franklin County Public Health’s present guidelines.
- Seniors will park in the senior lot. If parents/guardians and seniors drive separately, then we ask parents/guardians to also park near the Upper School if the athletics lot is full.
- Handicapped parking will be available in front of the Lower School. Academy personnel in golf carts will assist guests to the field.
The ceremony will be live-streamed on the school’s Facebook page for those not in attendance. We will also provide each family a recording of the event.
- The school will not host a reception after the ceremony.
We can’t wait to celebrate the Class of 2021 in full fashion, and thank you – in advance – for your patience and cooperation on Monday.