PREPARING YOUR JOB SITES FOR A STORM
All builders, contractors, sub-contractors and others with equipment or materials on a job site are now required to secure their work sites in preparation for severe weather and for the protection of the public and yourself.
Your storm preparations will include:
- Emptying or covering dumpsters
- Securing all scaffolding
- Removing, or securing, all building materials and construction equipment
- Postponing any scheduled material or equipment deliveries
- Alerting sub-contractors of their responsibility to secure or remove their materials or equipment
- In hurricane conditions we recommend turning off power to any temporary electric service, circuit breakers, and/or homes under construction
In general, always keep job sites clean, arrange for timely pick up of trash dumpsters, and only keep materials on the job site that you will use within seven days. Keep construction equipment secured, or remove it from the job site. Once you are aware of an impending storm, please follow preparation guidelines listed above.
Construction debris can injure people and cause severe damage to property. We appreciate your cooperation as we make the island storm-ready and safer for our members and visitors.